Jun 22, 2005, 08:56 PM
Airspeed is my Friend
Thread OP

To Slingshot or not to slingshot...that is the question!!!

Well it has been quite awhile since I have posted anything in this forum. I have been wanting to replace my "may she rest in peace" Slingshot. My wife and son were going to give me this for Father's Day...I had seen a new Salsa XL on E-Bay. Unfortuantely, I was out bid at the last minute and was nowhere near a computer. So now I am looking for another something.

I see the the German folks have reduced the price on the Slingshot to 99 Euros, so to get it here would be around $165.00. Only down side is that there is a notation on their site that says it is taking 30 days to fill orders. I have e-mailed them to confirm.

Hobby Club wants $229.00 for the Salsa XL and $249.00 for the Long Shot. Salsa XL is in stock, the Long Shot will not be in until mid July.
Northeast Sailplanes has a couple of low end DLG's as well. Has anyone had any experience with the Enigma?

I do want a some what competitive plane, so I can come out and play with you guys. But, as most of you know, I am not the most competent DLG pilot...still have a lot to learn. So, I guess what I am trying to say us I do not want to spend $$350.00-450.00+ for a XP-4 or a Taboo. Trying to stay around $300.00 or less. That is why I mentioned the lower end machines.

A friend also had offered to sell me a used, older version, Encore. He never gave me a price, maybe I should check it out.

So I am coming to you all, figuring I would get some sound advice and help me make a decision.

Okay guys, hit me with you best shot!!!

Kirk
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2005, 09:40 PM
(AKA) Boomerwankanobi
kirk, I would wait a bit as I have heard there is a guy on the slope forum designing a plan that may fit your needs ;-)

stocker
Jun 23, 2005, 12:48 PM
Check out the Avenger 2
http://www.jancomodels.com/avenger.html
Jun 30, 2005, 01:09 AM
Airspeed is my Friend
Thread OP
Thanks guys for the input. I have given your suggestions a lot of thought. Being the "maverick" that I can be...I have made a purchase of a new machine. Which did I choose? You will have to wait to find out. It shipped today, and it should be waiting for me when I get back from this current road trip. Stay tuned for a new build thread!!!

Kirk
Jul 02, 2005, 02:39 AM
Airspeed is my Friend
Thread OP
Well fellow plane guys...the new plane has landed, it arrived today.

My new "X-Ray" DLG from SoaringUSA was delivered this morning and she is beautiful....Look for the new thread!!!

Kirk

Quick Reply