Apr 06, 2021, 06:44 AM
Learning to crash
Last edited by Tom T; Apr 14, 2021 at 09:12 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 06, 2021, 08:18 AM
Would someone do me a favor and measure the distance between the top of the FC and the bottom of the top plate for me? I am thinking of building one of these from spares without the DJI system. Thinking this would be a good candidate for shark byte 5.1S.

Thanks for the help
Apr 06, 2021, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom T
Any ideas guys?
I donít have v1 controller so canít test, but noticed that in your betaflight ports tab uart1 Configuration/MSP is disabled and on Andyís setup vid you linked earlier it was enabled. Maybe try that? For the record I have no clue what that is even for lol hope you figure it out!! Good luck
Apr 07, 2021, 05:57 AM
my controller has the d8 receiver soldered to the sbus pad not rx2 which means you can leave the wires attached to the flight controller and cut the d8 receiver off then attach the yellow sbus wire to the vista sbus output same with the black ground wire, the diagram in the manual shows the sbus port is right next to the main battery + wire but notice the actual b+ from the xt30 is connected to the opposite end not as it shows in the diagram
Apr 07, 2021, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Yeah, I'm stumped. Like I said I unsoldered the D8 from the uart 2 pads and soldered a wire to the sbus pad on the vista down to the only sbus pad of the FC. Then soldered the red wire next to it on the vcc pad but still can not get any slider movements when connecting the dji v1 controller to the vista. I do have video in the dji goggles, and have tried several times to remind the controller to the vista which says it is bound. I have tried the different combos in the uart tab of betaflight. I knew I should have just waited for the pnp version to come back in stock, but have heard that even those need the sbus wire and stuff soldered on to work. I'm stumped. Any ideas guys? I'm about to toss it in the scrap bin and just wait to order a pnp one instead.
my babyhawk HD has the d8 receiver soldered to the sbus pad not rx2 which means you can leave the wires attached to the flight controller and cut the d8 receiver off then attach the yellow sbus wire to the vista sbus output same with the black ground wire,
The RED wire next to the sbus pad is VCC for the d8 receiver and should not be used for the vista as it is powered from the main b+ rail
the diagram in the manual shows the sbus port is right next to the main battery + wire but notice the actual b+ from the xt30 is connected to the opposite end not as it shows in the diagram
Apr 07, 2021, 07:19 AM
Learning to crash
Last edited by Tom T; Apr 14, 2021 at 09:11 AM.
Apr 12, 2021, 01:38 PM
2 years of development and Emax is not even able to fully wire the Caddx unit. On the product pictures 6 cables are soldered, in the delivered version only four cables are soldered. In order to use the DJI TX, 2 more cables must be soldered to the supposed Pnp version. I wonder what Emax has done in the 2 year development time ................ If you can't solder and are looking for a PnP copter, you can't buy the Babyhawk II.

Edit: Emax noticed that the Babyhawk HD was partially shipped without the SBus cables and posted a video online.

Setting up your Babyhawk II HD to DJI (10 min 31 sec)

My comment:
Great, exactly the workflow I went through yesterday, including the zip tie for the lipo cable. I received a Babyhawk from Banggood yesterday without the two SBus cables to the Caddx and got mightily annoyed. If I hadn't already built two copters with the Caddx unit, I would have thrown the Babyhawk in the corner. The absolute bummer was the Betaflight configuration file. I wonder what the Emax folks have been doing for the 2 Ĺ years? Lying on the beach? On the product photos the cables are of course present ...... What annoys me most is that I fell for the brazen advertising. My 2 star review I made yesterday on Banggood was not published ...........
Last edited by BerndCopter; Apr 13, 2021 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Video
Apr 13, 2021, 05:04 AM

thanks

It's about time emax make something digital.
Apr 19, 2021, 07:01 PM
Sky Soldier
Just got mine, ripped a few packs really like it so far
Apr 20, 2021, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82ndRCFLYER
Just got mine, ripped a few packs really like it so far
Cool, by what characteristics could you recognise the 2 Ĺ development and simulation test time? Were the Sbus cables to the Caddx soldered? Do you have another quad equipped with the Caddx Vista for comparison?
Apr 21, 2021, 05:34 PM
Trying to practice and get better freestyle

EMAX Babyhawk 2 HD - GClub (10 min 43 sec)
Apr 22, 2021, 05:56 AM
Learning to crash
Nice flyin, but man you fly that little thing as a fast as a 5 or even a 7" quad. Slow er down and slalom those trees instead of flyin over them at 50 mph heheheh.
Apr 22, 2021, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Nice flyin, but man you fly that little thing as a fast as a 5 or even a 7" quad. Slow er down and slalom those trees instead of flyin over them at 50 mph heheheh.
Haha thx, man Iím trying to get faster not slower!! lol

Was 1st time flyin this spot tho hopefully will be able to continue to go back and find some good lines around the trees and around the clubhouse we shall see
Apr 26, 2021, 06:42 PM
Sky Soldier
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndCopter
Cool, by what characteristics could you recognise the 2 Ĺ development and simulation test time? Were the Sbus cables to the Caddx soldered? Do you have another quad equipped with the Caddx Vista for comparison?
Yes the Sbus cables where soldered, and have other Caddx vista quads as well. Had desent flight time 4 1/2 to 5 min freestyle not crazy. full throttle freestyle 31/2 to 4min. The camera is a Neb pro i believe its ok not to bad but my others have the regular camera. So far its holding up well flying on a 4s 850 mah lipo.
Apr 28, 2021, 06:13 AM
Couple clips from yesterdays packs

EMAX Babyhawk 2 HD - Clips 20210427 (10 min 22 sec)

Quick Reply