EMAX BabyHawk II HD Freestyle RTF

The engineers at EMAX bring us a new drone with HD FPV video and great freestyle flying characteristics while still retaining a weight under 250g. It's the Babyhawk II HD!

Splash

Sub 250g HD Freestyle FPV Drone

The engineers at EMAX bring us a new drone with HD FPV video and great freestyle flying characteristics while still retaining a weight under 250g. It's the Babyhawk II HD! They've been working on this for over 2 1/2 years to achieve the most optimal power to weight ratio and performance. It's got ECO 1404 3700KV motors paired with AVAN Scimitar 3.5" propellers, which offers a smooth linear throttle response.

The Caddx Vista video transmitter paired together with the Nebula Pro camera offers a premium and lightweight alternative for DJI Digital HD FPV systems. The Babyhawk II HD RTF is a superior and powerful drone that offers great performance and amazing HD video quality all in a 250g aircraft that sells for $299!

Specifications:

• Diagonal wheelbase (without paddles): 155mm
  • Maximum size of the aircraft (without antenna, cable tie): 210mm
  • Aircraft weight (without battery): 141g
  • Motor: ECO 1404-3700KV
  • Propeller: Avan 3.5inch prop
  • Main flight controller: F4 (STM32F411 firmware) +25A 4-in-1 ESC
  • Camera & VTX: Caddx Vista HD VTX + Nebula Pro camera

Check out the EMAX BabyHawk II HD Freestyle RTF at Banggood

Mar 20, 2021, 01:16 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Just watch a Nurk FPV video on this. Looks interesting. It appears it only comes as an HD version which make it useless for folks that don't use DJI goggles. Kind of limits the pool of potential buyers. I'm sure there's still plenty of folks who will be ripping these around though.
Mar 21, 2021, 11:03 AM
It's about time emax make something digital.
Last edited by hildymedic; Mar 21, 2021 at 11:26 AM.
Mar 30, 2021, 04:45 PM
Learning to crash
So if the caddx pnp units are sold out can't I just grab a babyhawk 2 HD with the fsky d8 in it and bind that to my x9d+, then fly it with my x9d, and dji v1 goggles via the caddx ? And potentially later just remove the d8 rx and bind the caddx to my dji v1 controller and fly all dji? Have heard it may be a few months before the pnp caddx alone birds might be back in stock.
Mar 30, 2021, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom T
So if the caddx pnp units are sold out can't I just grab a babyhawk 2 HD with the fsky d8 in it and bind that to my x9d+, then fly it with my x9d, and dji v1 goggles via the caddx ? And potentially later just remove the d8 rx and bind the caddx to my dji v1 controller and fly all dji? Have heard it may be a few months before the pnp caddx alone birds might be back in stock.

Yes, I believe so. I’m using x9d+ on it with the d8 so I know that works, been outta flyin for a couple years, gettin back in, this was first go into digital hd and wow so much better than my old tiny whoops around the house! not sure about binding caddx to v1 controller cuz I have v2 goggles/controller but I believe that should work with the v1 versions, good luck happy flyin
Mar 30, 2021, 04:57 PM
Learning to crash
Thanks for the fast reply. Looks like a great little quad, will order it.
Mar 30, 2021, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom T
Thanks for the fast reply. Looks like a great little quad, will order it.

U got it, yeah pull the trigger I think U will be happy, flies smooth, just ran it thru my first 2 packs just now and crashed [emoji2359] lost signal or something towards end of 2nd pack cuz video feed froze around a turn behind some thick trees and bushes, using stock v2 antennas, glad I was low tho following golf cart path and not over the water!! so when vid froze just cut throttle and disarmed, prolly hit the concrete golf cart path pretty good on its nose, but thankfully frame protected the camera I think, after crash pics show the scrapes, when I found it battery was about 10 feet away both on concrete, impact broke strap and ejected, that strap was too long anyway haha, good thing is all props look ok, will test more tomorrow to see if it’s ok, fwiw they recommend 4s 850mah but rn using 4s 700mah lumineer cuz that’s all that was in stock, have tattu 4s 850mah en route, still getting used to flying again, but def glad I went with this guy, will check goggles dvr later and upload some pics n footage here if I can

pics attached
Last edited by tp8888; Mar 30, 2021 at 06:51 PM. Reason: adding pics
Mar 30, 2021, 07:14 PM
EMAX Babyhawk 2 HD 20210330 (8 min 49 sec)
Mar 31, 2021, 06:19 AM
Learning to crash
Yeah, video and flight looks great. Ordered mine, and I'm surprised with the lack of availability that this thread isn't much longer. Its either wildly popular or the processor shortage has limited its numbers. Says it will handle a gopro, but think I'll use that capability and fly some 4s-1000s instead.. Thanks guys
Apr 04, 2021, 09:04 AM
Learning to crash
Last edited by Tom T; Apr 06, 2021 at 04:53 PM.
Apr 05, 2021, 06:27 AM
Learning to crash
Yes indeed, a great flying little quad. 1st of a dozen flights with it yesterday and need to reroute the battery leads and add a little more expo, and get rid of the D8 rx but had a blast cruising around the old abandoned golf course at White River State Park/ Wilbur Shaw soapbox derby hill yesterday.

White River State Park (2 min 45 sec)

White River State Park 1 (3 min 51 sec)
Apr 05, 2021, 08:01 AM
Nice, yeah abandoned golf courses are great, got one less than a mile from my house so that’s my go to flyin spot, good stuff. Just seeing your previous message, did you end up using the DJI controller with the Vista figuring out what wires are supposed to go where? or just stick with the D8? Just curious to see what the wiring looked like. I have V2 controller so as of right now it won’t bind to the caddx but may be allowed in a future firmware update

I removed the preinstalled D8 yesterday and installed a CRSF Nano RX got it bound up to my micro RC module in my x9d+ and all seems to be working ok, been windy n haven’t really flown it other than the front of my house in my neighborhood testing, will get some more golf course time later this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apr 05, 2021, 08:21 AM
Learning to crash
Last edited by Tom T; Apr 14, 2021 at 09:13 AM.
Apr 05, 2021, 09:40 PM
Was able to get out and practice some today, running nice so far so good, still getting comfortable with it but tried to pick up the speed a little bit practicing flying lower laps around the lake, shoulda just landed when my timer went off but was trying to make it back around n ran outta juice at the end runnin 4s tattu 850mah 75c

EMAX Babyhawk 2 HD - Laps (5 min 42 sec)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apr 06, 2021, 02:41 AM
Very nice guys! I just got mine not too long ago but it's been too windy..argh. I'm really new to all this. Did you guys feel like the idle throttle in angle mode seems kind of high. Is it supposed to be? I had it on a table with zero throttle input then a little wind started to blow and it lifted off. Perhaps it's set high to help recover when someone bottoms out and hits the ground? Angle seemed very fast, horizon much slower, and acro even slower yet.

Quick Reply