Thread Tools
May 09, 2021, 04:42 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Demo7
Had a strange thing happen on my maiden flight..
Flew 4 batteries after this and nothing broke..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f6D-uIPlgU
That was a pretty hard hit on the tail end. Also, when you were playing with the tail wheel assembly, did you use Loctite anywhere near that plastic part?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 09, 2021, 04:45 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnriverluver
I would take it back apart and put a layer of epoxy wherever possible to strengthen it more and it may never fail again.
Im going to take some gift card material and screw it and glue it to the top
May 09, 2021, 05:34 PM
Registered User
Clive66's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Demo7
Had a strange thing happen on my maiden flight..
Flew 4 batteries after this and nothing broke..
Personally, I didn't see anything strange about sustaining that damage.
Was a very hard hit , so I would expect something to break.

Was just thinking about this.
Maybe those two metal pieces you freed up, aren't meant to slide back.
When those slide back, that does stretch the springs, which puts extra stress on the plastic part that broke.
Last edited by Clive66; May 09, 2021 at 06:43 PM.
May 09, 2021, 08:32 PM
I review RC Products
GBLynden's Avatar
This thing is a beast!

Mike Patey's HUGE E-flite Draco RC Plane Unboxing & Overview (8 min 18 sec)

Maiden Flight video coming soon as well!

GB
May 09, 2021, 11:34 PM
Registered User
Digital Don's Avatar
So, what does one do when one has two weeks between the time he receives a new plane and gets to do the maiden flight? Why, one uses software to create 'theme music' for said new plane of course!

My good friend 3D Dave was kind enough not only to take video of my DRACO's maiden flight, but also to allow me me repost it with the "DRACO'S Theme" I created added to it! The music might remind some of a TV show that was popular a few years back which also featured dragons...

The maiden flight went well even though our ever-present cross winds seemed to kick up every time I flew, but DRACO is a great plane!

Don

DRACO (3 min 58 sec)
Last edited by Digital Don; May 09, 2021 at 11:57 PM.
May 10, 2021, 10:00 AM
"Some do, some don't"
old_coastie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed
Good times in AZ yesterday flyin' the "Golden Hour" with my STOL buds!
Please direct me to info on that "other" STOL plane... And what in the heck kind of power system is that... Ugly and Sexy as Hell...

o_c

p.s. Great pics...
May 10, 2021, 10:07 AM
"Some do, some don't"
old_coastie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Don
The weather gods finally decided I'd waited long enough...

Today was the successful flight of my DRACO! I'm happy to report that the aircraft arrived and departed the field with the same number of parts - and more importantly - all the parts were in the same order!

Despite it's size and weight, DRACO is actually a pretty easy flyer! Color and size make it easy to see in the air too. With full flaps and throttle, DRACO was airborne in about two feet! Doing 'scale' flying I was getting over 7 minutes with a Zeee 6S 4000 battery.

I use a Worx Sidekick as a field stand for all my planes. I added brackets made from PVC pipe and fittings, and 'pool noodle' foam. This makes assembly (if needed) and installing the battery much easier since the plane sits at waist height - no bending necessary! A good thing for us geezers!

My planes are stored in the basement and the stairs have a bend which makes carrying larger planes upstairs challenging. To prevent any damage to DRACOs empennage, I covered the tail and stab with foam pipe wrap while carrying it upstairs. Worked like a charm!

So, after waiting over two years for this plane, was DRACO worth the wait?

Yeah, Baby!!!

Don
NOW I have a "warm and fuzzy" feeling....

Thanks Don...

o_c
May 10, 2021, 10:41 AM
RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Don
So, what does one do when one has two weeks between the time he receives a new plane and gets to do the maiden flight? Why, one uses software to create 'theme music' for said new plane of course!

My good friend 3D Dave was kind enough not only to take video of my DRACO's maiden flight, but also to allow me me repost it with the "DRACO'S Theme" I created added to it! The music might remind some of a TV show that was popular a few years back which also featured dragons...

The maiden flight went well even though our ever-present cross winds seemed to kick up every time I flew, but DRACO is a great plane!

Don

https://youtu.be/gDbw2KXiDMc
That was intense. Good video.
May 10, 2021, 12:46 PM
JohnVHRC
JohnVH's Avatar
Fun video, pointed the nose down hit full throttle in REVERSE!
Nose UP and DOWN Hovering Remaiden Eflite DRACO 2.0m Smart BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select (7 min 46 sec)
Latest blog entry: Will DRACO hover nose down?
May 10, 2021, 01:15 PM
low, left, & fast
nuts-n-volts's Avatar
Way cool vid!

But, I don't know about being 1st to reverse in flight... check out my post #2240 ...and landed right after in forward , then reverse to stop. Just sayin'.
May 10, 2021, 01:35 PM
Registered User
dalecheek1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH
Fun video, pointed the nose down hit full throttle in REVERSE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRzh...Ed_uXi54AaABAg
LOL Thanks for the Hover....Next time lower Get that youngen GB to try to do one. hahaha Never going to happen as i have for the last 2 or 3yrs been urging him to do one
May 10, 2021, 01:41 PM
I can fix that!
doug.wagner's Avatar

I give up!


I'm trying to shut off the aileron to rudder mix.
I know it is programmed in the receiver.
I found forward programming in the model adjust menu of my iX12.
Gyro Settings is the only menu choice there, and SAFE Select is the only choice in there.
How do I get to all the other options inside the glorious new world of forward programming?
May 10, 2021, 02:13 PM
Electric or Bust!
skyjet's Avatar
Thanks so much for this video!

I had know idea it was supposed to do that. Mine was 100% stuck. When I finally freed it up, mine had the paint and some clear glue on it. Good to go now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Demo7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4qErAvwvGc

just going through my tailwheel assembly before maiden
May 10, 2021, 02:30 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper
That was a pretty hard hit on the tail end. Also, when you were playing with the tail wheel assembly, did you use Loctite anywhere near that plastic part?
It was a very hard hit, funny thing is I landed it even harder in the next four flights. No Loctite was used anywhere
Chalking this up to a fluke, maybe the rear wheel got caught on a small hole or root
May 10, 2021, 02:31 PM
Registered User
bob_nj's Avatar
Quote:
I'm trying to shut off the aileron to rudder mix.
I know it is programmed in the receiver.
I found forward programming in the model adjust menu of my iX12.
Gyro Settings is the only menu choice there, and SAFE Select is the only choice in there.
How do I get to all the other options inside the glorious new world of forward programming?
I'm no expert by far, but I'm not sure you can do what you want without unlocking the receiver.
Take a look at this if you haven't already seen it.
Maybe it will help.
How to UNLOCK your Spektrum AR637TA - Open Beta Update (13 min 17 sec)


Good Luck
Bob


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion DRACO - Turbo Bush Plane Crash JimboPilotFL Fuel Plane Talk 6 Sep 18, 2019 07:21 PM
Discussion Mulitplex Rockstar vs. E-flite Ultimate 2 FolsomFlyer 3D Foamies 8 Mar 05, 2016 01:01 AM