May 05, 2021, 03:59 AM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Quote:
Originally Posted by locoworks
all these broken props , bent under carriages etc , this thing is more scale than i thought..
Too soon!
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2021, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei
I dont know about the rest of you but I have found the if I give my wing tips a bump with the palm of my hand the wing locks literally fall out...

Bob
Some of mine don't come out even then. Yesterday, I had to ask a friend to help by jiggling the wings while I pulled on the locks.
May 05, 2021, 06:41 AM
Quote:
all these broken props , bent under carriages etc , this thing is more scale than i thought..
Keep in mind,,,,,,,,,,
Some folks can destroy an anvil with a rubber mallet.:-)
May 05, 2021, 07:19 AM
215.0 MPH
The tie wrap trick works well and is easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunkman
Some of mine don't come out even then. Yesterday, I had to ask a friend to help by jiggling the wings while I pulled on the locks.
May 05, 2021, 07:23 AM
CR5
CR5
Broken landing gear?
I thought you just had to turn on SAFE and it was instantly as easy to fly as a trainer and guaranteed not to do any damage?

May 05, 2021, 09:36 AM
SAFE doesn't prevent severe side loads on the gear in a cross wind and that's what's been busting gear. There's no guarantee in life, lotteries or landing gear.
May 05, 2021, 09:57 AM
"Some do, some don't"
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper
SAFE doesn't prevent severe side loads on the gear in a cross wind and that's what's been busting gear. There's no guarantee in life, lotteries or landing gear.
I beg to disagree.

Death and Taxes Now those are Guaranteed.... Everything else is a crap shoot...

Morning xviper

o_c
May 05, 2021, 10:00 AM
"Some do, some don't"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR5
Broken landing gear?
I thought you just had to turn on SAFE and it was instantly as easy to fly as a trainer and guaranteed not to do any damage?

You mean SAFE is like the "red reset" button on RealFlight? You know, push the "red" button and you are back on the runway ready for takeoff with a full batt and "no scars".

o_c
May 05, 2021, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper
so we need less grippy tyres then ? the original carbon z cub ones slide around like bambi on ice.
May 05, 2021, 11:01 AM
Rabid Rabbit
Wed a way to store Draco? Buy the wife new cabinets.
May 05, 2021, 11:25 AM
Maiden today in the early morning, with a little frost.
May 05, 2021, 11:38 AM
Beach Bum
Real DRACO also had landing gear failure due to side loading.
May 05, 2021, 12:06 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Quote:
so we need less grippy tyres then? the original carbon z cub ones slide around like bambi on ice.
Working on improving one's crosswind-crab & forward-slip crosswind landing techniques with a more forgiving plane (trainer, perhaps?) before trying to land DRACO in a stiff crosswind sounds like the best plan.

Joel
Latest blog entry: Eflite 2.1m Carbon-Z Cub SS
May 05, 2021, 01:03 PM
I Used To Have More Free Time!
After wasting money on my V1200 with bad landing gear retracts, I really hope this does not become a big deal. I will be upgrading to larger washers on each side of the axle.
May 05, 2021, 01:18 PM
Rabid Rabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpinn
So I got a chance to really put my Draco through its paces this weekend. It's an absolute BLAST!!!
I was flying slow landings in the dirt and grass for hours with long 10min flight times on a 6000mah pack. So much fun!

The fun came to an end when doing cross-wind landings and on the pavement, the gear touched down with a little side load. It bucled the gear on one side, cracking the carbon at the lower bend. The prop then struck the ground and broke. No other damage thankfully, just the gear breaking here.

Has anyone else had problems during a slight side load? I was suprised because it handled pretty decent front drop loads in landing with no issues over and over, but side load and boom it snapped. Is there a fix here? or am I looking at a new carbon gear leg piece?
Thanks everyone.
I just broke the Carbon gear as well. I don't think broken Carbon fiber can be repaired, looks like I'll need to order EFL12259

Quick Reply