May 03, 2021, 03:54 PM
"Some do, some don't"

Coulda been worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee
Hi guys,

I was assembling my Draco at the field and had one wing on when a gust of wind blew her over off the table. It wasn’t that windy, but the weight of one wing threw the balance off enough to do the job. The cost was a broken wing tip and a piece broken out of the wind shield.

It will repair easy enough, but my “new” Draco is now a “used” Draco......😕

Off well, only took 20 flights this time.
Imagine what the damage would be had it been balsa.

I don't call them "crunchies" for nuthin...

o_c
to remove ads between posts
May 03, 2021, 03:58 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunkman
So I bought a used Draco that has a replacement servo installed for the elevator. The previous owner said the original servo was defective out of the box. The replacement servo is a digital Corona DS-843mg. I noticed during my setup that the elevator was not traveling in the correct direction. So I reversed the servo in the transmitter to correct the travel but this still causes problems with the AS3X. Why would this replacement servo be traveling in the wrong direction? Any help would be appreciated.
Servos are available in RH & LH rotation. The one the previous owner installed is the wrong rotation. Switching servo directions in the tx doesn't actually reverse the servo - therefore, doing that won't solve the issue with AS3X (or any other stab/aug system). You need a replacement servo that rotates in the same direction as the original.

Joel
Latest blog entry: Eflite 2.1m Carbon-Z Cub SS
May 03, 2021, 04:05 PM
Thanks Wilber and Orville !.
Last edited by sonic liner; May 19, 2021 at 12:21 PM.
May 03, 2021, 04:08 PM
Last edited by sonic liner; May 19, 2021 at 12:22 PM.
May 03, 2021, 04:18 PM
Last edited by sonic liner; May 19, 2021 at 12:23 PM.
May 03, 2021, 04:19 PM
"Some do, some don't"
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Servos are available in RH & LH rotation. The one the previous owner installed is the wrong rotation. Switching servo directions in the tx doesn't actually reverse the servo - therefore, doing that won't solve the issue with AS3X (or any other stab/aug system). You need a replacement servo that rotates in the same direction as the original.

Joel
What Joel said...

Or

1. Not havin my plane this one is subject to "clearance", If there is room in the fuse you could just flip the servo arm around 180 degrees or flip the servo it's self around 180.

2. Get an inline servo reverser (HH did sell these and some LHS's have them in stock, easy to find online.) If push comes to shove I have used a reversing Y cable, usually used for flaps, and just used the reversed output and left the other output open.

3. There are YT vids that show you how to disassemble a servo and reverse some wires to make it move the other way.

Mark R.

old_coastie

3. Order an NEW servo from HH
May 03, 2021, 04:21 PM
"Some do, some don't"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic liner
Peel and stick dash covers. $ 9.99 shipped....lol
But already back ordered !
Where do I send my money? I'll pay 9.99 to avoid "gator dash" and the hassle of doin it myself.

Lazy I am...

o_c
May 03, 2021, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker

Joel
I don't know about these newer receivers but with the AR636 you have to go into the receiver programming to reverse them, Very simple click and done which also takes care of the AS3X, You cannot reverse them at the radio, With the forward programming now you may be able to go in and do that as well from the radio but not simply reverse like the old days,
May 03, 2021, 04:24 PM
Last edited by sonic liner; May 19, 2021 at 12:23 PM.
May 03, 2021, 04:28 PM
Last edited by sonic liner; May 19, 2021 at 12:24 PM.
May 03, 2021, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnriverluver
I don't know about these newer receivers but with the AR636 you have to go into the receiver programming to reverse them, Very simple click and done which also takes care of the AS3X, You cannot reverse them at the radio, With the forward programming now you may be able to go in and do that as well from the radio but not simply reverse like the old days,
The replacement servo is not marked with an "R" or "reversed". So I still am having some trouble understanding this. And I did not see an option for this in Forward Programming (DX8G2). I guess I'll have to try to order the OEM servo. Thanks for your help.
May 03, 2021, 04:56 PM
"Some do, some don't"
Quote:
It's Jason's thread so out of respect please see the add in the electric planes classifieds here. I have paypal guys.
You will get one each of the red and black.
PM sent
May 03, 2021, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadawada
My buddy at Hanger 18 in Cary, NC had one Saturday and pulled it out and out came the plastic (sorry honey)...

Flew at the park Sunday and sold at least 2 more in the process...hey...do I get a commission?

Couple of suggestions:

1- As others have said...make the tailwheel springs easier to install...

2- Why the battery hold downs at the front and so close together?

Cool plane...thank you MP for the creativity...Flies great...extended inverted flight was wonky...maybe lighter battery or ability to move the battery back (why the hold downs in the front and close together). Aileron rolls were a little slow with suggested throws (anyone tried mixing flaps).

My favorite Sunday flyer now...
Was that at Dix park?
May 03, 2021, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Rojo version
Will you be selling little fuzzy dice, too.
May 03, 2021, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunkman
The replacement servo is not marked with an "R" or "reversed". So I still am having some trouble understanding this. And I did not see an option for this in Forward Programming (DX8G2). I guess I'll have to try to order the OEM servo. Thanks for your help.
With the AR636 you have to go into Spektrum programmer to reverse the servo in the receiver. I have not done any work with the AR637 so far just because I've been lucky enough with my several BNFs that have AR637 and AR631 not to have to. Someone will be along shortly to help you out.

Quick Reply