May 03, 2021, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.wagner
It would be a lot easier to take them off the airframe, to paint.
The exhaust is held by a single screw, inside the battery compartment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjpilot
Ah, ok. I thought they were glued on.
Yes, open the battery compartment and they are held on by 1 screw. They slide out after you remove then screw.
to remove ads between posts
May 03, 2021, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpinn

The fun came to an end when doing cross-wind landings and on the pavement, the gear touched down with a little side load. It bucled the gear on one side, cracking the carbon at the lower bend. The prop then struck the ground and broke. No other damage thankfully, just the gear breaking here.
Pavement has too much friction and no give. And this is a ten pound plane not including the wind load. You probably would have been fine if your were landing in the grass. Hope you get her back in the air soon.
May 03, 2021, 08:46 AM
[QUOTE=I don’t know what to tell you about repairing the gear. I don’t think I would trust a repair though. I would just replace it and the buckled piece as well. Unfortunately the props are backorder until sometime later this month.[/QUOTE]

One of the on line reviewers broke his prop too. He substituted a APC 16X10E as a replacement and that worked out well for him.
May 03, 2021, 09:29 AM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
Got my Draco maiden and another flight in yesterday evening! Great flying plane even in the wind

Lot's of good things to say about this plane... easy and fun to fly, looks great in the air, even didn't require trimming. I don't think I have ever not had to not trim a plane on a maiden flight. Also, assembly and transport was super easy to and from the field. Only issue I had was forgetting to put the wing skids on. I realized this on the maiden and put them on for the second flight.

Hats off to HH and all involved. This is truly a one of a kind plane and they did an excellent job bringing this one to market. Can't wait to fly it again

Below are a couple flight videos that I managed to capture from a hat cam. Nothing terribly exciting other than the slaughter of some innocent dandelions

Eflite Draco Maiden Flight at Omahawks Field (8 min 59 sec)

Eflite Draco 2nd Flight at Omahawks Field (8 min 9 sec)

Kman
May 03, 2021, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee
One of the on line reviewers broke his prop too. He substituted a APC 16X10E as a replacement and that worked out well for him.
Yes, Chris Wolf substituted an APC 16x10E for the 4 blade. He said it performed the same at the stock 4 blade prop.
May 03, 2021, 10:32 AM
Has anybody figured the exact scale of Draco yet? I can't find any dimension specs (only performance specs) for the full scale Draco to do it myself...it is longer and has more wingspan than a Wilga 2000 but I don't know by how much.
May 03, 2021, 10:35 AM

Hey HH...Do I Get Commission?

My buddy at Hanger 18 in Cary, NC had one Saturday and pulled it out and out came the plastic (sorry honey)...

Flew at the park Sunday and sold at least 2 more in the process...hey...do I get a commission?

Couple of suggestions:

1- As others have said...make the tailwheel springs easier to install...

2- Why the battery hold downs at the front and so close together?

Cool plane...thank you MP for the creativity...Flies great...extended inverted flight was wonky...maybe lighter battery or ability to move the battery back (why the hold downs in the front and close together). Aileron rolls were a little slow with suggested throws (anyone tried mixing flaps).

My favorite Sunday flyer now...
May 03, 2021, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadawada

1- As others have said...make the tailwheel springs easier to install...

It is actually very easy if you put them in the horn on the tail wheel first (put them in the inside holes for more deflection), unscrew the control horn from where its mounted on the fuse (Phillips head), tilt it, slide the springs right in, and screw the horn back on. Use loctite.
May 03, 2021, 11:52 AM
"Some do, some don't"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stang
It is actually very easy if you put them in the horn on the tail wheel first (put them in the inside holes for more deflection), unscrew the control horn from where its mounted on the fuse (Phillips head), tilt it, slide the springs right in, and screw the horn back on. Use loctite.
Any chance that the Loctite will contact plastic? Been told that Loctite (any thread locker) and plastic DO NOT go well together...

And yes I do "own" a Draco just physically separated at this time , so can't check this out.. Most definitely will assemble as noted above and many thanks Stang and others for "figurin" this out.

Mark R.

old_coastie
May 03, 2021, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coastie
Any chance that the Loctite will contact plastic? Been told that Loctite (any thread locker) and plastic DO NOT go well together...

And yes I do "own" a Draco just physically separated at this time , so can't check this out.. Most definitely will assemble as noted above and many thanks Stang and others for "figurin" this out.

Mark R.

old_coastie
Glad to help Mark and yes the control horn is plastic and loctite will absolutely degrade some forms of plastic...so better safe than sorry. The screw is steel and the fitting it goes in to is brass it looks like. I put my screw through the horn, was very careful to get loctite only on the tip of the screw (or tiny bolt if you prefer) and screwed it back on.
May 03, 2021, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coastie

Mark R.

old_coastie
I've been using Vibra-Tite VC-3 thread locker for a few years now does not attack plastic at all and can be reused a couple of times without recoating. You brush it on the threads let it dry for 30 minutes install. Yogi
Last edited by Yogi1; May 03, 2021 at 01:22 PM.
May 03, 2021, 02:14 PM
Hi guys,

I was assembling my Draco at the field and had one wing on when a gust of wind blew her over off the table. It wasn’t that windy, but the weight of one wing threw the balance off enough to do the job. The cost was a broken wing tip and a piece broken out of the wind shield.

It will repair easy enough, but my “new” Draco is now a “used” Draco......😕

Off well, only took 20 flights this time.
May 03, 2021, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee
Hi guys,

I was assembling my Draco at the field and had one wing on when a gust of wind blew her over off the table. It wasn’t that windy, but the weight of one wing threw the balance off enough to do the job. The cost was a broken wing tip and a piece broken out of the wind shield.

It will repair easy enough, but my “new” Draco is now a “used” Draco......😕

Off well, only took 20 flights this time.

Now you can fly it like ya stole it!
May 03, 2021, 03:21 PM

Need Help - Elevator Servo Reversed

So I bought a used Draco that has a replacement servo installed for the elevator. The previous owner said the original servo was defective out of the box. The replacement servo is a digital Corona DS-843mg. I noticed during my setup that the elevator was not traveling in the correct direction. So I reversed the servo in the transmitter to correct the travel but this still causes problems with the AS3X. Why would this replacement servo be traveling in the wrong direction? Any help would be appreciated.
May 03, 2021, 03:48 PM
"Some do, some don't"

Saving this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi1
I've been using Vibra-Tite VC-3 thread locker for a few years now does not attack plastic at all and can be reused a couple of times without recoating. You brush it on the threads let it dry for 30 minutes install. Yogi
Just another example of the value of RCG.

Many thanks Yogi1 saving this to the Tips and Tricks folder,

Mark R.

old_coastie

Quick Reply