Apr 29, 2021, 07:43 PM
I'd rather be flying!
In this clip, David & Jason discuss the extensive use of c/f to provide a backbone structure within the foam - from 6:35-8:45:

E-flite® DRACO 2.0m – Assembly Plus Hints and Tips with Special Guest (35 min 21 sec)

Joel
Latest blog entry: Eflite 2.1m Carbon-Z Cub SS
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2021, 08:18 PM
The best testers! Pilot Robert and Capt Blaz!
GIANT DRACO Wilga 2.0m Smart BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select Maiden flight (31 min 53 sec)
Apr 29, 2021, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_nj
A friend just got a Draco and wants me to set it up on his iX12.
He got the plug and play version.
I know literally nothing about the aircraft except what I've been reading in this thread, and have not seen his yet.
Also, I know little to nothing about AS3X, or how to set it up or use it.

My question is,
I've downloaded the iSPM files shown in the attached image.
Can someone suggest a place to start?
Maybe a video, post or article.

Thanks for any help
Bob
See post 1524 and download the IX setup file.
You probably have the AR637 receiver in it, if not add your own receiver.
Download the manual from that Post it shows you how to setup the receiver for SAFE select or AS3X.
Apr 29, 2021, 10:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88
See post 1524 and download the IX setup file.
You probably have the AR637 receiver in it, if not add your own receiver.
Download the manual from that Post it shows you how to setup the receiver for SAFE select or AS3X.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnriverluver
I didn't think any PNP versions were shipping until some time in May???????????
Exactly what I first thought and good catch! No PNP version models have been shipped yet (won’t happen until around the middle of May give or take!) so they must be working with a BNF Basic version model.
Apr 29, 2021, 10:50 PM
I suppose there was a small possibility that someone with a BNF didn't want it for whatever reason, yanked out the RX and sold it as a PNP. It would have been nice had the poster known what he was talking about. What added to the confusion was how confused he was about AS3X/SAFE and how to program it when that's all done in the BNF and the fact that getting the file for the TX is not really necessary and programming the TX from the manual (revised one) is almost like child's play.
Apr 29, 2021, 10:56 PM
This is an AWESOME plane no matter how people try to find fault with it.....Thumb screws and slightly off center tailwheel very minor issues which some want to make major issues out of. UPGRADE your flying skills so then you can quit blaming the landing gear and wheels for YOUR bouncy landings......HA....
Apr 29, 2021, 11:10 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Dead calm at the field this evening. Perfect for some serious Draco sunset flyin’.

I’m diggin’ the lights too!
Apr 29, 2021, 11:26 PM
"Some do, some don't"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed
Dead calm at the field this evening. Perfect for some serious Draco sunset flyin’.

I’m diggin’ the lights too!
If you smile was any bigger your head would fall off...

Great Shots... Saved all of these.

Big Thumbs Up...

Mark R.

old_coastie
Apr 30, 2021, 12:43 AM
I do random gravity checks

Awesome

The only word to use to describe this plane is Awesome. The level of detail that went into this plane is amazing and yet it still performs really well in the air. It is not a 3D machine, however it does a surprising number of maneuvers. Knife edge, flatspins, snaps, harriers and it can hover(barely). The roll rate is very slow, this is due to the leading edge slats but for a STOL airframe it is surprising how aerobatic it is.

As for STOL, this plane is great for it and it is the first that I can do touch and goes for an entire pack with a smile the entire time. Watching the suspension work is a blast and allows for less than ideal landings.

I'm so happy this plane turned out so well, especially with all the skeptics lurking about. Great Job HH it was worth every penny.
Apr 30, 2021, 01:33 AM
what goes up, must come down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
This seems to be a good example of one of those unfortunate and unfounded rumors that spreads for no good reason throughout our community
There's carbon (and more!) in the boom and vertical, and we've hammered on a number of DRACOs for a long time yet have never broken a fuselage or fin. This image shows some of what's inside the fuselage/fin:
Thanks for your reply Jason, very much appreciated. My sincerest apologies for creating a stir, yet I am most impressed with the embedded cf strengthening, there aren't many foamies built to this standard, if any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncoiler
It goes to show how much BS is out there, what a load of crap these guys spew.
Yet purely out of concern I have become implicated with this rumour.
I read a legitimate concern and posted a question, apparently I now spew BS and crap.
Thanks.
Last edited by AussieHoppy; Apr 30, 2021 at 01:42 AM.
Apr 30, 2021, 01:34 AM
what goes up, must come down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunkman
I would rather blame all the planes I've wrecked on poor manufacturing and design defects.
And.... thanks.
Apr 30, 2021, 04:45 AM
Thank you markusvt, Robert, and others.

Quote:
I suspect you mean BNF? Go here:

https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dema...nd_Details.pdf
Click on iX setups.
Unzip, there is only1 file, works fine, tweak to what you like.
For some reason when I selected the ix link in that document previously I got an error.
It worked in the document in your link though.

Don't know why I said Plug and Play.
I believe it is the Bind and Fly.
Sorry for the confusion.

He won't need safe.
Once I load the file in his transmitter, are the AS3X settings there and ready to go.
I have to read up using AS3X.

Thanks again
Bob
Apr 30, 2021, 05:56 AM
Rabid Rabbit
I had trouble with the thumbscrews the first three or four times. Yesterday they popped in and out easily. Either I’m getting used to them or they’ve decided to cooperate.
Apr 30, 2021, 06:20 AM
I can fix that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_nj
..., are the AS3X settings there and ready to go.
I have to read up using AS3X.

Thanks again
Bob
I think this was a question?
If so, yes Bob, the AS3X is already baked into the receiver.
It kicks in after you have throttled up.
Apr 30, 2021, 06:38 AM
Thanks Doug
My buddy is dropping off the plane in a little bit.
More to follow.
Film at 11...

Quick Reply