Apr 26, 2021, 04:07 PM
My Draco seems to have a aileron/rudder mix already programmed in. Does that sound right?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 26, 2021, 04:11 PM
Yes...........
Apr 26, 2021, 04:13 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee
My Draco seems to have a aileron/rudder mix already programmed in. Does that sound right?
Yup. The HH guys discussed that awhile back. They added the mix directly to the rx, to help the plane behave/feel like the full-scale does on the sticks.

Joel
Latest blog entry: Eflite 2.1m Carbon-Z Cub SS
Apr 26, 2021, 04:20 PM
I Fly in Colorado too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjpilot
Have any of you guys had any packing/shipping damage on your Draco’s? I have a large gouge in the top of my right wing and another gouge on the top of the cabin section of the fuse. I am going to see if the hot water towel trick might pull out some of these gouges. Also molding on the back of the prop looks strange. Do any of yours look like this? See pics below.
I have not looked at my prop that close but found this defects right out of the box. All I can say is it to much to ask for a straight plane for $600 ? So exasperating!
Apr 26, 2021, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwinger
I have not looked at my prop that close but found this defects right out of the box. All I can say is it to much to ask for a straight plane for $600 ? So exasperating!
OMG!! I have two of these on order from my LHS store and this makes me pause. I will open these boxes at the store before paying for them. Too many defects and blemishes for this expensive model.
Apr 26, 2021, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
Yes...........
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Yup. The HH guys discussed that awhile back.

Joel
Yup, it's been mentioned in the videos and it's been asked in this thread a few times already. You can't expect everyone to watch all the videos or search this thread....BUT IT'S EVEN MENTIONED IN THE INSTRUCTION MANUALl!! Whoa, what a novel idea
Apr 26, 2021, 04:50 PM
I Fly in Colorado too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip
I just tried this again and it worked. When the thumb screws don't want to come out. Make sure they are turned to the unlock position. Put one hand on the end of the wing, the other hand on the opposite side of the fuselage and push in as if installing the wing. While doing this giving the wing a little shake. When I do that with mine, the thumb screws literally just fall out.
Ditto......that what I did and it works.

Archie
Apr 26, 2021, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagyroll
Mine had large gouges on top of fuse, right side. Caused I think by fact that one of the zip ties holding down the landing gear assembly was missing which caused the gear to move around and come in contact with the fuse. I have contacted HH to see what can be done. Hate accepting dings on any new product, but especially a $600 purchase.
Yes, after looking at it, the gouge on the top of mine was from the one zip ties on the landing gear not being cinched down. I feel fortunate though as the gouge on mine was nothing compared to yours. What you have there is completely unacceptable. I hope that Jason is reading and seeing this....

I also sent an email to HH product support and a PM to Jason about my prop. I am not sure I trust to fly it with the prop the way it looks. To me it is a bad quality mold and should not have passed QC...as yet I have not heard back from either HH or Jason yet.

Other than these two issues, the plane is really nice. I am just about finished with the Polycrylic coating. Just have to finish the tops of both wings. I wanted to use the gloss but ended up going with the satin. I tried the gloss first on the bottom where the gear mounts so it couldn’t be seen and I wasn’t real happy with the way the finish looked. When it dried it just didn’t look nice and smooth the way the satin and matte dry. I apply it with a foam brush. So satin it is and it looks good. Not super glossy but it is shinier than without it.
Apr 26, 2021, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBriBro
Yup, it's been mentioned in the videos and it's been asked in this thread a few times already. You can't expect everyone to watch all the videos or search this thread....BUT IT'S EVEN MENTIONED IN THE INSTRUCTION MANUALl!! Whoa, what a novel idea
Jason recommended throwing away the manual straight off and going right to the build video. That’s what I did. Musta missed the mixing info there too..........

Here’s a picture of my wing screw solution. Also, I have these two left over black pin things. What are they for?

Thanks for the help.
Apr 26, 2021, 05:15 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
Those two black pieces are the grab handles. They go on the wing next to wing root on the front of each wing

Kman
Apr 26, 2021, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24
Sounds like you have the Safe Select on the same channel as your lights. When I turn on Safe the elevator goes down in a similar manner. Check to see if they overlap somehow.

Kman
Your diagnosis was 100% correct, thank you. All good now!
Apr 26, 2021, 05:21 PM
Ya think this is too much deflection for full flaps ?
Apr 26, 2021, 05:24 PM
Haha, those are dive brakes, not flaps!
Apr 26, 2021, 05:26 PM
Lower AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66
Ya think this is too much deflection for full flaps ?
Hey Clive, I'm sure you get a little more

Mine is in a Dark place somewhere...
Jeff in LA USA
Apr 26, 2021, 05:35 PM
I actually landed it that way once during the Saturday maiden flights.
Had some issues with the 1st TX setup & setup a new model at the field.
Forgot to set the flap deflections.
Didn't hurt the plane on that landing, but did test the landing gear strength when it suddenly dropped (gear passed the test)
Used half flaps for the other landings.

Full flap landings should be a lot easier tomorrow.

Quick Reply