Better Antennas for the DJI FPV Goggles V2

These Lumenier Duality HD Stubby 2.4/5.8GHz Dual-Band Antennas for the DJI Digital HD FPV Goggles V2 are the upgrade you are looking for.

Splash

Lumenier Duality HD Stubby

These Lumenier Duality HD Stubby 2.4/5.8GHz Dual-Band Antennas for the DJI Digital HD FPV Goggles V2 are the upgrade you are looking for. They are circular polarized antennas specifically designed for the DJI FPV Drone V2 Goggles to work with both 2.4 and 5.8Ghz frequencies. You can choose either left or right hand polarization as either one works the same. They look pretty cool and cost $89.99 for the set of 4.

The Lumenier Duality Antenna was created in partnership with world-renown antenna designer TrueRC to bring you the first Dual-Band aftermarket antenna designed as a direct replacement and upgrade for your stock DJI antennas found on the DJI Digital HD FPV Goggles V2. The Duality antenna was made from the ground up to be a perfect match for the DJI goggles. Duality antennas are form fitting, low profile, color matching, direct connect RP-SMA, and all this with improved performance.

The Lumenier Duality HD Stubby, like the extremely popular AXII 2 antenna, is both Circular Polarized (LHCP or RHCP) as well as Omni-directional. On top of that, it is also 2 antennas in one being able to effectively function as both a 2.4GHz and a 5.8GHz antenna. The Lumenier Duality has been further customized to be a direct fit for the DJI HD FPV Goggles. The Duality HD Stubby comes with a custom RP-SMA connector designed to directly and securely screw onto the DJI Goggles. No adapters needed! This makes for an ultra-compact and efficient setup since you donít need to lose any dB with extra adapters.

Check out the Lumenier Duality HD Stubby Antennas Here

Specifications:

• Gain: 1.7dBic @2.4GHz, 2.8dBic @5.8GHz
  • Polarization: LHCP or RHCP
  • Cross-Polar Rejection: -15 to -30dB, (2.2%)
  • Bandwidth: 2.39GHz-2.52GHz & 5.6GHz-6.1GHz
  • Radiation Efficiency: 99%
  • SWR: <=1.5:1
  • Weight: 5.25g
  • Dimensions: 23.3mm dia. X 22.0mm height
  • Connector: RP-SMA

Mar 15, 2021, 01:54 PM
fly by night
looks baddass too!

(good that you note these are not for DJI v1. )
Mar 15, 2021, 02:13 PM
Gravity is patient............
It's hard to believe these have a gain of 2.8bic for 5.8g when they are dual use antennae. Especially since the AXII stubbies are 1.9 to 2.2bic gain for5.8g only. Seems unlikely.
Mar 16, 2021, 02:30 AM
Gain only represents the pattern with respect to isotropic, they can still have horrible efficiency, bandwidth and tuning which is the usual compromise with dual band antennas.
Mar 21, 2021, 08:18 AM
Following
Mar 26, 2021, 10:50 AM
Are there some good single band upgrade antenna available for the v2 that don't cost as much? Have not looked yet.
Mar 26, 2021, 06:03 PM
Unfortunately you must use dual band antennas with the V2 goggles. It may be different when only being used with the AU, but even the (expected)V2 AU is likely to use both frequencies together, meaning same deal with the vtx.
Running 5.8gHz only antennas will risk damaging the transmitter portion of the goggle's receiver (and the v2 vtx)
Mar 27, 2021, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicecooper
Unfortunately you must use dual band antennas with the V2 goggles. It may be different when only being used with the AU, but even the (expected)V2 AU is likely to use both frequencies together, meaning same deal with the vtx.
Running 5.8gHz only antennas will risk damaging the transmitter portion of the goggle's receiver (and the v2 vtx)
Can you help elaborate a bit more on this one?

Because there is an option to set auto or manual band (2.4 only or 5.8 only) mode in the goggle. I assume this should instruct the transmitter to do the selected band only - so I am a bit wondering why it will risk damaging the transmitter... I could be wrong tho'. Originally I was planning to lock my goggle (v2) and dji drone to use 5.8 ghz only and use v1's antenna upgrade (ie. truerc's singularity or henrik's Death Ray helical 3turn) with the thought to get a better transmission (if not range). This was inspired from one of video in YT (Madtech's) where he is strongly recommending to lock it up 2.4ghz/40 where you can can further range without significant loss of image quality. But what you've mentioned has put me in pause, or maybe saved me in the long run
Mar 27, 2021, 06:51 PM
My only concern would be that when locked to a frequency that it stays locked from turn on, not just after it binds to a particular transmitter. In the initialisation phase do the goggles broadcast anything on both frequencies when looking for a device?
I may be completely wrong, but for the cost of damaging anything I'd like to see a spectrum sweep with them locked at the other frequency first..
Someone might do it here.
Mar 28, 2021, 03:12 AM
Am i damaging anything if i use 5ghz patch antennas on my v2 goggles with au/vista only ?
Mar 28, 2021, 10:58 AM
It was my understanding that 2.4g was used only with their new drone.
Mar 28, 2021, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60
It was my understanding that 2.4g was used only with their new drone.
Yes but the point is well made that unless the 2.4 transmitter getís turned off then without an Antenna attached to the 2.4 portion of the transmitter it would get destroyed. Donít that to happen even if you never plan to use the drone simply for resale purposes.
Mar 29, 2021, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpstar
Yes but the point is well made that unless the 2.4 transmitter getís turned off then without an Antenna attached to the 2.4 portion of the transmitter it would get destroyed. Donít that to happen even if you never plan to use the drone simply for resale purposes.
Are we sure that will destroy the transmitter? Many transmitters are designed with safety circuits to prevent that. Considering the price of the goggles, I would hope they would have that very inexpensive protection built in, that many cheap video transmitters have today.
Mar 29, 2021, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60
Are we sure that will destroy the transmitter? Many transmitters are designed with safety circuits to prevent that. Considering the price of the goggles, I would hope they would have that very inexpensive protection built in, that many cheap video transmitters have today.
I'm sure we are not but it's a potential. Need some confirmation from dji really.
Mar 29, 2021, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpstar
understood that the transmitter can get overheated thus damaged if without antenna, but going back to my original intention, antenna will still be attached, although it's an 5.8ghz antenna (not tuned for 2.4), would this be considered still as no antenna?

Quick Reply