View Poll Results: What colour do you like best ?
Blue 7 46.67%
Stock white 450X canopy 2 13.33%
Yellow Stock XL canopy 1 6.67%
Custom painted clear XL canopy 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:41 AM
Trexmad is offline
Find More Posts by Trexmad
Heli nut

Got Airbrush?... post your canopy pics here


Just had a play airbrushing a new canopy for my second rebuild in two weeks....

Show off your canopy styling efforts here and give people some insperation!

Rossco
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:53 AM
Cranium is offline
Find More Posts by Cranium
Registered User
Cranium's Avatar
What kind of airbrush do you use? I've been wanting to get an airbrush kit but have no idea where to start looking.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 09:04 AM
Trexmad is offline
Find More Posts by Trexmad
Heli nut
Mine's only a cheapy from my LHS ($55 Aud) but I'm using a small compressor and air tank with it that I already had laying around. the cans of 'air' that they come with last about 5 mins! (useless)

Btw that pink flashed canopy is painted from the inside

Boy was that hard to mask up!!!

Rossco
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:23 AM
Cranium is offline
Find More Posts by Cranium
Registered User
Cranium's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexmad
Btw that pink flashed canopy is painted from the inside

Boy was that hard to mask up!!!

Rossco
Yeah, I noticed that is was from the inside.

How did you mask it up? Sure looks like a pain with the small space and curves. I'm assuming you applied your mask for the pink then painted, removed the mask and painted pink?

Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:38 AM
skwidd is offline
Find More Posts by skwidd
Stupid Newbie
You didn't add flourescent pink to the poll.

I have to post pics later tonight when I get home and can take them.

Also, nice paint jobs, Trexmad.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:20 AM
Minimole is offline
Find More Posts by Minimole
Registered User
Minimole's Avatar
Nice canopies!

I personally like (and voted) blue. Probably not best for orientatio, but I dunno, just love dark met. blue.
I also love flames, I really like drawing them too (I know, Im sad... )

So hopefully my next canopy will be dark metallic blue with silver flames...
Oh, it will be with rattle cans and dodgy old masking tape (and painted by a 14 yr old...) so the chances of failure are quite high!

Duane
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:47 AM
hogfarmer is offline
Find More Posts by hogfarmer
Registered User
hogfarmer's Avatar
These two canopies were painted with the exact same paint, the first one the black was put on first and painted over and the 2nd one the black was put on last.

Both are rattle can jobs with masking tape.


Old Jun 21, 2005, 12:56 PM
Trexmad is offline
Find More Posts by Trexmad
Heli nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranium
Yeah, I noticed that is was from the inside.

How did you mask it up? Sure looks like a pain with the small space and curves. I'm assuming you applied your mask for the pink then painted, removed the mask and painted pink?

Thanks!
Yep, masked the flamey bits first (cut from contact book covering) then applied the Chameleon (3 step: 2 coats of different transluscent acryllic, then gloss black 'base' coat).

looks awesome in the sun, changes black through green to red!

here it is finished on my rex....
Last edited by Trexmad; Jun 21, 2005 at 12:59 PM. Reason: I can't spell.....
Old Jun 21, 2005, 01:08 PM
Trexmad is offline
Find More Posts by Trexmad
Heli nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd
You didn't add flourescent pink to the poll.

I have to post pics later tonight when I get home and can take them.

Also, nice paint jobs, Trexmad.

Damn! I'd hoped nobody noticed it!!!

At least I won't lose it in shadows again!

Where are those photos of yours???

Rossco
Old Jun 21, 2005, 01:32 PM
mazakari is offline
Find More Posts by mazakari
Raptor 50 + TRex 450
mazakari's Avatar
Here's mine to add to the list. I drew a mask and stuck it to the heli. I then airbrushed the checks, covered them with another mask and then sprayed the rest metalic purple. Removed all masks and put on a lime green pins stripe to create the shredder graphics. It didn't turn out as I had expected but there is another canopy project in the wings. (As soon as my extra bits arrive!!).

Jon

Old Jun 21, 2005, 03:11 PM
skwidd is offline
Find More Posts by skwidd
Stupid Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexmad
Damn! I'd hoped nobody noticed it!!!

At least I won't lose it in shadows again!

Where are those photos of yours???

Rossco
You got something about flourescent pink??? I can see this thing from a mile away



Also,

Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:06 PM
Maj0rmAsH is offline
Find More Posts by Maj0rmAsH
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazakari
Here's mine to add to the list. I drew a mask and stuck it to the heli. I then airbrushed the checks, covered them with another mask and then sprayed the rest metalic purple. Removed all masks and put on a lime green pins stripe to create the shredder graphics. It didn't turn out as I had expected but there is another canopy project in the wings. (As soon as my extra bits arrive!!).

Jon


Would you ever sell that one if a new one is coming
Old Jun 21, 2005, 09:43 PM
crazhorse is offline
Find More Posts by crazhorse
Registered User
crazhorse's Avatar
need to take a outside pic for better light...... my canopy done up with spazstix chrome with lime green stripes

Last edited by crazhorse; Jun 21, 2005 at 10:30 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:13 PM
Orion_V is offline
Find More Posts by Orion_V
Heli Headcase
Orion_V's Avatar
nice crazy horse...looks ALIEN!
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:17 PM
crazhorse is offline
Find More Posts by crazhorse
Registered User
crazhorse's Avatar
thanks....... i like the reg trex canopy better, wish it came in clear tho


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alert Post your Corona Pics Here.... helifan Electric Heli Talk 192 Dec 01, 2005 08:00 AM
Post your Formosa pics here spithungry Parkflyers 10 Apr 04, 2005 11:44 PM
Post your Terry pics here Flybyguy Parkflyers 0 Dec 31, 2004 03:17 PM
Yippee! Post your DLG pics here!! Trace Lewis Hand Launch 33 Dec 13, 2004 06:16 PM
Post your Twinstar pics here! Peter Young Foamies (Kits) 16 May 21, 2004 03:47 PM