CLM News and Update!

After 30 years of experience in RC modelling and numerous first places won in competitions in free flight categories (e.g. F3K, F3J and F5J) CLM has decided to focus on the market for composite parts for RC models.

Splash

CLM

From CLM...

CLM Pro is a company engaged in designing and manufacturing custom composite parts. We focus on RC airplane models, more precisely, on composite parts manufacturing for gliders and electric gliders, as well as other related projects.

Using the newest technology and certified composite materials of highest quality used in aircraft production such as carbon fiber, glass fabric, aramid fabric, hybrids etc., we manufacture RC gliders, electric gliders, kits, fuselage sets, pods, electric pods, fuselages, accessories and other requested custom composite products.

A new year is here and with it new challenges, which are always interesting. For starters, we have decided to prepare several kits, i.e. to expand our offer of models in kit version due to frequent inquiries about some models.

The new models in kit version will be: Element 3, Element 2 and the HLG Trotter electric version, so there will be something for everyone. All models will be available in electric and pure glider versions, and lightweight or strong model versions.

There is no "taking it easy", "pause" or "slacking". To deliver all packages before deadlines, we have to work non-stop. However, that is not so hard when you love your job and enjoy doing it.

One of many packages of fuselage sets has been sent to the US. With pride and joy we can say that our products are flown in over 90 countries around the world. That gives us strength and the will for constant improvement and progress.

Visit the Site

Head over the CLM website to check out all the models!

Mar 11, 2021, 08:25 PM
I was a little surprised that there was no link to the site on this thread, unless I missed it somewhere.
The kits seems to be in my price range but I have never built one of this type.
Mar 11, 2021, 10:42 PM
They do nice stuff. And will modify anything they do. Fuses and covering from them.
Mar 19, 2021, 02:21 PM
Dave Register

CLM pod/booms for ALES, F5J

I used CLM Pro pods and booms for a number of years for e-launch sailplanes.
Used to get 'em thru Rev Ian out AZ way.
Bagged my own wings and tails and applied them to both 3m and 2m sized fuselages.
The link to their website is here:

https://www.clm-pro.com/

Although retired from competition for a few years I had some wins with them and found the pods to be of excellent quality.
The CLM booms are robust and stiff - perfect for e-launch (ALES, F5J) and balance nicely with the motor weight.

The carbon fabric canopy quality was of excellent quality, fit and finish.
As with all carbon structures and 2.4Ghz you had to be a little careful of antenna placement.
A satellite receiver was handy as a work-around.
Eventually 3D printed replacement canopies (ABS) and stopped worrying about it.

Made at least 3 large planes (3M to 4M) and 6 smaller ones (2M to 2.4M) with their pods and booms.
Very stiff, very light, excellent quality and finish and very durable.
From the pictures it looks like the same great workmanship seen 10 or so years ago.

Dave R
Last edited by okiesoar; Mar 20, 2021 at 08:20 AM.
Mar 20, 2021, 08:22 AM
Sonoran Laser Art
Interesting, I was fortunate to get the CLM line from Rev Iain a couple years ago. He is a local flying friend and I started getting my fuse sets from him when I started producing the Yellow Jackets. The order they are showing photos of is one of mine.

Today CLM custom rolls light weight booms for the 130 sets that go with the 3.5m. Most of the sets I get go with my kits. I do have some of the other sets in stock.

CLM has been great to work with. Shipping for the last year has been a challenge but we are getting through it.

Thank you CLM Pro for your hard work supporting us

Sonoran Laser Art
Mar 20, 2021, 03:42 PM
We are very glad to hear that you are satisfied with our products and service, as we are doing our best to ensure each customer will be happy in the end.

If you are looking into our products, but want to modify something, IE the color or the materials, you can simply leave a note or contact us and we will make sure to implement those. So basically you can also choose the strength and consequently the weight of the product (be it something very lightweight or a strong product) by combining different materials, you can also state that you need a very strong pod for slope flying and we will do our magic to make it so

@okiesoar - if you would need an aramid canopy, just let us know. Moreover, you can contact us via email for your next order and we might give you a good deal

If however you have any suggestions or recommendations, we are always happy to get feedback and improve our products for mutual satisfaction.

Kind regards,
Nikola P.
Mar 28, 2021, 11:32 AM
Dave Register
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClmPro
@okiesoar - if you would need an aramid canopy, just let us know. Moreover, you can contact us via email for your next order and we might give you a good deal
Nikola,

Thank you for the kind offer but I'm retired from competition (can't see well enough, can't walk far enough!).
The carbon canopy is likely not an issue for sport flying.; but for competition, any brief signal drop could be disconcerting.
The antenna extenders for 2.4 addresses the issue.
It was just easier for me to print a new ABS canopy as I was printing many parts for those planes at the time.
Rev Ian introduced me to CLM Pro at the ASA F5Js in 2009.
As a scratch builder, having a source of high quality pods and booms was a great advantage.
CLM Pro is the best quality I've seen and your designs helped win both ASA F5J and NATS ALES in 2010 and 2011.
Thank you for your very fine workmanship.

Dave R
Last edited by okiesoar; Mar 28, 2021 at 12:08 PM.
Mar 31, 2021, 04:39 AM
I would be IN on a HLG Trotter electric version!! Being altitude limited in many area's, This would be Great for many in the hobby!!!!!!
Mar 31, 2021, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecor
I would be IN on a HLG Trotter electric version!! Being altitude limited in many area's, This would be Great for many in the hobby!!!!!!
We're also preparing an electric Trotter version. Currently, the new mold is being created, so it could be available soon.
Mar 31, 2021, 09:33 AM
The old is IN again!
Our HLG Trotter model has been the bestselling product from our offer for the last few months in a row.
New Trotters are produced daily and sent in batches almost every day.
More and more customers enjoy flying the mentioned model because it's joyful and relaxing.
Apr 20, 2021, 10:54 AM
[Newly added items - B-Grade products!]

We would like to let you know that we have added more new b-grade pods!
There are various pods to choose from: from 1.5 to 4-meter wingspans.
Also, there are pure glider and electric pod versions.

Beginner's mistakes are always present when new employees are being trained, so b-grade products are sometimes inevitable.
Those products have only visual flaws i.e. imperfect joints, overly sanded edges, slight scratches etc. Pods are technically functional and have the same characteristics as the first class.

Check out our offer soon, as there are fewer items available each day because they sell quickly!
https://www.clm-pro.com/store-detail/big-sale
May 06, 2021, 04:03 AM
Two new Element 3 models are ready for shipment to their new owners.
The schematics are identical for both models. However, the Element 3 with the white pod is the strong version, while the other, pure carbon pod version, is the lightweight version.
Naturally, the lightweight version is significantly lighter than the strong version.
May 12, 2021, 12:24 AM
Mega Sale - up to 40% discount on all products

Since we are always thinking of you, we have prepared you a great surprise!

We are offering you a discount on all our products, as well as free shipping on all orders over US $300.00.

Explore our entire offer and choose a product for yourself!

www.clm-pro.com
Jul 29, 2021, 03:01 PM
[New in our offer - Element 2 kits]

We are adding something new and long-awaited to our offer: unassembled kits of the Element 2 model with a 2-meter / 78" wingspan.

We offer a pure glider and electric version of the model.
There are also three versions: carbon, hybrid and hybrid light.

You get absolutely everything in the kit, that is, all the parts needed to assemble the model, down to every detail.
The assembly is not complicated, because you receive a drawing with all steps described. The detailed step-by-step building manual is colored and over a hundred pages long.

The model can currently be pre-ordered at a promo price, and it will be available in late August.

https://www.clm-pro.com/store-detail/models/kits
Jul 29, 2021, 09:04 PM
399' and holding
Any plans on selling a kit version of the Element 3?

Quick Reply