How to Make Servo Covers

If you ever had a need to make some cool looking servo covers, this video posted below shows you how. YouTuber Marko Roolaid made the video and it's a clever way to make custom servo covers.

Splash

How To Video - Servo Covers

If you've ever had a need to make some cool looking servo covers, this video shows you how. YouTuber Marko Roolaid made the video and it's a clever way to make custom servo covers. He takes .5mm PETG polycarbonate and covers it with 3M 3D carbon Vinyl to give it a carbon fiber look. After 3D printing the mold and getting the vacuum system ready, he bakes the poly at 160C until he sees the material droop about 20mm to know it is ready.

Once the material is ready for forming, he drops it down over the mold and the vacuum sucks the material down and forms it to the mold. Once the material has cooled and set, it is ready to cut out the servo covers and install them on your plane. If you've never done vacuum forming before, this is a great excuse to start learning a new skill.

Mar 11, 2021, 11:34 AM
You can also 3d print the final cover and cover it with carbon sticker if you really want too.
Mar 11, 2021, 07:56 PM
yank and bank!!
I have never vacuum and/or heat formed plastic sheet but I imagine its a great option for folks who cant CAD up what they need or find a STL file.... and 3D printers themselves are for tinkerers.
Mar 13, 2021, 05:58 AM
Ohh, how awesome it is to see that my videos have reached this forum as well. I hope you like it and find it interesting and useful

Quick Reply