Sep 15, 2009, 07:36 PM
Mike A.
Try joining this group and ask there - they are a huge pool of information:

groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors

<Most probably it was a Cox, if I had to guess :-) >
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2009, 01:18 AM
Team Fearless
Anyone have a needle valve for the Testors fly'em series .049 the want to sell or trade?

Thanks,
Shawn
Dec 08, 2009, 04:12 AM
Suspended Account
Yes
PM me
There is about 3 different styles so describe and length to make sure.
Dec 11, 2009, 08:09 PM
Team Fearless
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildManWillie
Yes
PM me
There is about 3 different styles so describe and length to make sure.
Hello,
Turns out I was able to find a needle valve.

Thank you for the offer.
Dec 13, 2009, 01:12 AM
NSWFFS
Interestingly, my Zero has never had the green daubed camoflage, mine is all the off white colour with roundels.

Still looking for a spinner if anyone knows of one.

Cheers,
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer103
I thought I would add a little more eye candy to this thread.

Below are two of my favorites of the Fly'em series - the Mustang and Zero.

Gene
Dec 13, 2009, 08:33 PM
Suspended Account
Ok
Now I can see what prop and spinner you need.
When I get out the main section will look for spinner.
Have props also, all parts new old stock.
Dec 14, 2009, 03:26 AM
NSWFFS
Thanks Willie,

The spinner is the same colour as the fuselage.

Cheers,
Rob
Dec 14, 2009, 08:57 AM
Suspended Account
Will go look soon as enough sunlight....and breakfast!
Dec 19, 2009, 01:08 PM
Team Fearless
I know this a Testors airplane thread, but I have a new in box never opened Cox 50th Anniversary Pitts bipe for sale. If anyone is interested, PM me
Dec 19, 2009, 10:09 PM
I think one reason I bought the only Testors CL plastic plane was that it impressed me as being somewhat lighter than the Cox equivalent, so I thought it would be a better flier. Maybe if I had changed the engine to a Babe-Bee, it would have been.

As has happened occasionally to me, I have had bad luck with some engines other people find quite good. Like I never got a Wen-mac to run, yet I read about people winning Nostalgia 1/2A FF with them.
Dec 20, 2009, 07:50 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
I think I had one of the same batch, 50+! It was so long ago, all I remember is that the plane was yellow and plastic and I never DID get it to fly, because I could never get the engine to run. Might have been a T6 Texan? (It might have helped, if I had an adult around who was interested, but it wasn't in the cards.) I don't even know what happened to that old plane. But the one other kid I knew who had one of the old Cox PT-19's told me I should have gotten a Cox.

Nightowl
Dec 20, 2009, 04:33 PM
Well, the one I bought for my son to try to move up from the Cox PT was a silver P-51. Never had any problem starting the engine, it just never wound up over about 9000 rpm, even on Cox racing fuel, which was something between 25 and 30% nitro, I could leave the plane unrestrained on the concrete driveway without it moving, Nice looking, but didn't even make a good tethered car.

I agree, having had an experienced adult around to help you could have made a difference. Finding an LHS operated by fliers, and getting into a CL club was of fantastic help to me.
Sep 15, 2011, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGiver
Interestingly, my Zero has never had the green daubed camoflage, mine is all the off white colour with roundels.

Still looking for a spinner if anyone knows of one.

Cheers,
Rob

Hi Rob,
The Testor Zero came both ways - overall off-white and the camo, with the camo models being kind of rare. Other than the color I think the model is exactly the same. I do remember that of all the Testor CLs I had the Zero was one of the best flying.
Best
G
Sep 16, 2011, 06:32 AM
NSWFFS
Thanks G,

I'm still looking for a spinner (Anyone??), never did hear back from Wildman if he did or didn't have one so am guessing the answer was no.

I bought mine when I lived on Guam in the early to mid 1970s with hard earnt pocket money. I never crashed it though the prop did get light road rash, too much taxiing from memory.

Cheers,
Rob
Jan 28, 2013, 09:08 AM

Testors Fly em' Spitfire IXE plane

Hi,
I have a Testors Fly em' Spitfire IXE plane that has a elevator missing on one side. It need a whole new elevator to make it complete. Does anyone know where I can get one. There are none on E-Bay. I'm willing to buy a cheap parts plane to complete the one I have.
Thanks,
Dave