This thread is privately moderated by FeiJi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 05, 2021, 02:53 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Lighting EPP Plank Wing Revisited

My lastest two scratchbuilts aren't doing so hot so went back to an old faithful wing that always flies though it has it's peculiarities.
I installed a couple of new elevon horns to equalize the throws, and replaced folding prop with regular prop. Flies quite nicely except for rolls which are slow and ugly due to the long elevons flexing at the ends. Will try to stiffen them up with some laminate and see if that helps.

Bought a useless not GOPRO camera but did find an old cell phone that fits on my baseball cap mount and isn't too heavy and it takes great videos. Happy about that.

Will fly this one around a bit, try to get my scratchbuilt plank working and order a cheap 12 dollar EPP wing kit that I can fly closer to home in a small space. Cheaper to buy this kit than ordering the foam and parts to build my own.
Lighting EPP Plank Wing (3 min 50 sec)
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply