This thread is privately moderated by FriendlyFlyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 03, 2021, 09:06 PM
Trader Rating: 0
Thread OP
$5,000.00 USD
Shipping negotiable
For Sale

SdKfz 171 Panther Ausf G 1:5 Scale

Hi Folks,
This Panther project took 15 years from start to finish. I am asking $5000, but am willing to negotiate on the price (although my wife knows I spent more than that!). It's all scratch built, and would be heavy to ship so local pickup would be advised. It has a paint ball 40 Caliber main gun, and space for a 6mm soft air machine gun co-axially mounted. Unfortunately, the original one that I modified to fit is no longer working or available and the replacement does not function in machine gun mode (which was a disappointment). It has two 300 Watt 24 Volt DC gear drive motors driving the tracks, the turret rotates 360 degrees with the electrical connection made through a homemade slip ring assembly so there are no wires wrapping together. It has a Stereo sound system from Model Solutions in Canada, and is loaded with the Panther tank sounds on a micro SD card. If any one is seriously interested please contact me and I will be happy to send more photos, and answer any questions. I have photo documentation from beginning to end. I am retired recently and we are planning to move. I would like to sell it to someone that would really enjoy tinkering with it. It has maintenance demands like the real deal, but believe me it's cheaper to own than building one yourself or maintaining the real thing! I have a short video of the tank in operation that I would be happy to send to anyone interested to prove it actually runs. Just send me an email!
Last edited by FriendlyFlyer; Mar 05, 2021 at 09:35 AM. Reason: No Pictures uploaded
to remove ads between posts
Mar 07, 2021, 12:16 AM
Trader Rating: 18
Designing and building a scale tank from scratch is an amazing project. Having been involved with 1/6 scale tanks, this is a technological marvel and the work of a true craftsman. The price of this 1/5th scale tank is a bargain compared to a 1/6 scale tank made by the few manufacturers that are out there.
Mar 07, 2021, 09:55 AM
Trader Rating: 6
IF ani't broken, don't fix it.

SdKfz 171 Panther Ausf G 1:5 Scale

Very,very nicccce
Mar 29, 2021, 11:36 PM
3D Printer Extraordinaire
How would I break this down to fit in my Dodge 1500? Is that all one piece, or can you take it apart a bit to fit?
Mar 30, 2021, 09:53 AM
Thread OP

Transport for SdKfz-171 is Rudimentary

I have two loading ramps that the Panther can negotiate into the back of my VW Sportwagen. It should be no problem for a Dodge 1500! Would you like to buy it?
Apr 12, 2021, 09:25 PM
Trader Rating: 127
Wow, what a beautiful model! Top notch build my friend.

Quick Reply