Mar 03, 2021, 08:20 PM
Trader Rating: 1
Thread OP
Discussion

Introduction

Hello,

I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sean and I inherited a VERY large collection of vintage RC planes (300 plus boxed), motors, and supplies when my father passed away. I'm not into the hobby myself so I will be looking to sell what I have. I'm more than likely going to be reaching out to RC clubs around the Tri-State area to try and arrange a bulk sell of everything but if anyone is looking for something specific please feel free to reach out. I've allowed emails from members so you can use that or this forum to contact me. From the looks of it I have some stuff that is quite hard to get.

Cheers,
Sean
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2021, 08:30 PM
Trader Rating: 178
AMA 72859 Build Baby, Build!

Sorry for your loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheepboy4
Hello,

I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sean and I inherited a VERY large collection of vintage RC planes (300 plus boxed), motors, and supplies when my father passed away. I'm not into the hobby myself so I will be looking to sell what I have. I'm more than likely going to be reaching out to RC clubs around the Tri-State area to try and arrange a bulk sell of everything but if anyone is looking for something specific please feel free to reach out. I've allowed emails from members so you can use that or this forum to contact me. From the looks of it I have some stuff that is quite hard to get.

Cheers,
Sean
What Tri-state area? It would be best if you posted the city/ state where interested buyers can view the collection. With that said, you are best off posting a list of the items for sale if you are looking for RCG buyers. We all look for millions of possible items. It's best that you take inventory and post that inventory here. I sent you a PM if you would like my help in assessing what you have.
Last edited by ww2collector; Mar 03, 2021 at 08:40 PM. Reason: add
Mar 03, 2021, 08:52 PM
Thread OP
Thank you. I'm in Browns Mills NJ. I do have a spreadsheet of what I have and I appreciate the offer and may take you up on the assistance. I've been using this forum to get an idea of what particular models have sold for in the past. Is it possible to post PDF's to the forum?
Mar 03, 2021, 10:57 PM
Trader Rating: 165
Build a scale plane already!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheepboy4
Thank you. I'm in Browns Mills NJ. I do have a spreadsheet of what I have and I appreciate the offer and may take you up on the assistance. I've been using this forum to get an idea of what particular models have sold for in the past. Is it possible to post PDF's to the forum?
Yes, you can upload PDFs
Last edited by scale_only; Mar 04, 2021 at 06:39 AM. Reason: deleted sample pdf
Mar 03, 2021, 11:40 PM
rrg
Trader Rating: 76
rrg
Good grief, you might be better off to open a hobby shop
Mar 04, 2021, 06:45 AM
Trader Rating: 165
Build a scale plane already!!!
Wow,, yes,, that's going to be a lot of work to liquidate,,

Just a FYI,, those radio systems are all old and pretty much obsolete, and don't hold much monitory value these days, might be a couple guys who still fly on 72mhz,, but the far majority now a days fly on 2.4g

good luck
Mar 04, 2021, 12:10 PM
Thread OP
Thank you all. For those who PM'd I don't have prices set yet and am looking to deal locally in person before I consider shipping. I will make a list of those that are interested in specific items and will reach out if I end up going that route. Thanks for the interest
Mar 04, 2021, 04:28 PM
Mc5
Trader Rating: 0
Mc5
Suspended Account
Read the lists
I
80 miles away
Mar 04, 2021, 04:45 PM
Trader Rating: 50
First of all so sorry for your loss. Looks like your dad was one heck of a collector.
It would take some time but you could use the "Search Classifieds" tool bar at the top of each classified category to see if any of the items have been sold here before and get a good ballpark idea of what each is worth. Hope this helps. -Bill
Mar 04, 2021, 06:02 PM
Trader Rating: 36
Your father was a true modeler and please accept my condolences. A lot of those planes are truly great ones and I hope you contact someone you can trust to put some $$$ on those kits. Many of them are no longer produced and can be worth some good funds.

Jerry
Mar 04, 2021, 06:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI30BOB
First of all so sorry for your loss. Looks like your dad was one heck of a collector.
It would take some time but you could use the "Search Classifieds" tool bar at the top of each classified category to see if any of the items have been sold here before and get a good ballpark idea of what each is worth. Hope this helps. -Bill
I've been doing exactly that. Quite the useful site for ball parking prices. I appreciate the helpful suggestions and condolences
Mar 04, 2021, 06:48 PM
Mc5
Trader Rating: 0
Mc5
Suspended Account
Sent you a pm
Hope to hear back
Understand your situation
Mar 05, 2021, 08:11 AM
Trader Rating: 87
Mt. Dora, Florida
Sorry for your loss. You have a monumental task ahead of you. I would contact hobby shops, from local to online and try and liquidate as many as possible in bulk. You probably have well over $10.000.00 worth of stuff here..
Mar 05, 2021, 11:46 AM
Trader Rating: 37
A task that even Hercules would have a difficult time dealing with. That is a lot of planes! I've been in hobby shops with not even half that inventory.
It can be done though, takes time and patience.
Start off by selling the kits by brand first and see how that works out. Maybe with some luck you might find someone to buy out the entire estate.
Last summer I was involved with selling an estate nearly the same size. It was inside two pole barns and stuff was scattered everywhere. Required thorough investigation of every nook and cranny, drawer and shelf.
I have photos of the lot.

Quick Reply