Mar 03, 2021, 02:55 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Batter run time

Hi I have an Arrma Outcast 8s. Lots off unto run. But I'm only getting 10-15 mins of run time. My batteries are Smart 5000mAh 4s 14.8v100c . What brand or power are bashers running? My charger is a Smart also. Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 04, 2021, 12:52 AM
Did I make the A Main?
that is normal, if you want to increase run time, then consider reducing the KV on the motor to around 1400KV and upgrading to a 6S system, you can also reduce the throttle EPA as well, be sure to check your temps:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...nics-in-my-car

Good Luck!
Mar 04, 2021, 03:12 PM
Have you seen my LVC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_delong
that is normal, if you want to increase run time, then consider reducing the KV on the motor to around 1400KV and upgrading to a 6S system, you can also reduce the throttle EPA as well, be sure to check your temps:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...nics-in-my-car

Good Luck!
Outcast 8s, so 6s would be going the wrong way for run time...

Seems over on Arrmaforum many of the 8s guys are running packs around 8000mah, and still don't hit half an hour run time. SMC and CHNL packs seem popular, although I have not had good luck with SMC.
Mar 04, 2021, 03:27 PM
Did I make the A Main?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryRigged
Outcast 8s, so 6s would be going the wrong way for run time...

Seems over on Arrmaforum many of the 8s guys are running packs around 8000mah, and still don't hit half an hour run time. SMC and CHNL packs seem popular, although I have not had good luck with SMC.

Increasing voltage while decreasing KV motor will drastically improve efficiency with lower temps and provide longer run times.

I recently switched my SCT from [email protected] to [email protected] and now I can run a 20 min main with the nitros

Normally SCT's are limited to 8 min mains due to 2S limit and battery capacity
Mar 04, 2021, 08:19 PM
Have you seen my LVC?
Bill, He is already running 8S - 2x4s. He'd need to go to 12s to get much of an improvement.
Mar 04, 2021, 08:44 PM
Did I make the A Main?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryRigged
Bill, He is already running 8S - 2x4s. He'd need to go to 12s to get much of an improvement.
Thanks for the clarification, I had 1/8 scale on the brain, not 8S LiPo, ha!

I know VERY little about 1/5 cars but I would definitely explore some 12S options if it were me, but only reducing the KV at the same time as increasing voltage.

Quick Reply