Mar 05, 2021, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Two good wham bams and you just lost a $1400 investment. But they will sell and people will learn one way or the other.
Do the goggles and transmitter implode automatically too once the drone crashes and is not flyable anymore? Your math is a bit off buddy..
I'll do the work for you:
FPV Drone - $739
FPV Goggles V2 - $569
FPV Tx - $199

Goggles can be used with Air Unit and Tx in the future may be as well.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2021, 04:58 PM
The Ground is the Limit
Does the thing do turtle mode?
Mar 05, 2021, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom604
Does the thing do turtle mode?
After you crash it, yes..
But in all seriousness, No.
Mar 05, 2021, 06:47 PM
Tweaker
Thread OP
I believe it does do turtle mode, but, what is Turtle Mode? I recall seeing the option in settings and was meaning to research it.

Edit, researched it, reverse motor pairs to upright a flipped model, or aid in getting out of trees etc.

Now I'll go look for the setting again.
Last edited by RemE; Mar 05, 2021 at 07:06 PM.
Mar 06, 2021, 01:23 AM
Diesel Danny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1

Mine will be with me tomorrow morning as it got delayed but I will be sharing mostly info and content over the conning weeks.
Would that just be you conning us into thinking that it's a great FPV drone or dji conning the users into paying ridiculous prices for a battery?
Mar 06, 2021, 09:25 AM
It's a pretty big battery, and has to incorporate some additional features for durability, but how does the cost/WH compare with other DJI packs?
Mar 06, 2021, 09:39 AM
Heavy lifter
I just got the DJI FPV system, including the Fly More combo. I charged up all the batteries and seemed to successfully activate the system. I could see the video from the aircraft in the goggles. But the screen said "RC Lost" and no matter what i do, i cannot seem to link the RC controller to the aircraft or the goggles. I tried the linking procedure in the video.I downloaded Assistant 2 for the DJI FPV, and logged into my account, but the Assistant doesn't connect to the goggles.
I pushed the reset button on the goggles with a paper clip, and now the goggles won't connect to the aircraft.
I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro with the latest iOS.
Is there a way to reset everything back to the factory settings?
I have a number of years with drones, including at least 5 different DJI quads, and this is the first time I've had a part go possibly DOA out of the box.
Thanks!
Mar 06, 2021, 10:36 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade

DJI FPV Drone ***Owner's Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemaller
I just got the DJI FPV system, including the Fly More combo. I charged up all the batteries and seemed to successfully activate the system. I could see the video from the aircraft in the goggles. But the screen said "RC Lost" and no matter what i do, i cannot seem to link the RC controller to the aircraft or the goggles. I tried the linking procedure in the video.I downloaded Assistant 2 for the DJI FPV, and logged into my account, but the Assistant doesn't connect to the goggles.
I pushed the reset button on the goggles with a paper clip, and now the goggles won't connect to the aircraft.
I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro with the latest iOS.
Is there a way to reset everything back to the factory settings?
I have a number of years with drones, including at least 5 different DJI quads, and this is the first time I've had a part go possibly DOA out of the box.
Thanks!

Binding is done via the process in the manual not on Assistant 2, are the goggles definitely activated as if it’s not you will only be able to bind one item to them.

Ignore the app and follow the process in the manual for binding as it’s specific.

I do know someone who had similar issues and in the end got it all sorted by faffing with it all a few times.

Assistant 2 should see the goggles so check again you have the latest from the Goggles downloads page.
Latest blog entry: HDZero Micro V3 - 1080P Is Here
Mar 06, 2021, 11:01 AM
Heavy lifter
Quote:
Binding is done via the process in the manual not on Assistant 2, are the goggles definitely activated as if it’s not you will only be able to bind one item to them.

Ignore the app and follow the process in the manual for binding as it’s specific.

I do know someone who had similar issues and in the end got it all sorted by faffing with it all a few times.

Assistant 2 should see the goggles so check again you have the latest from the Goggles downloads page.
Thank you, Mad. I’m pretty sure I did things the way they’re described in the manual, but maybe I missed something. I’ll give it another shot later today. When I first went through the firmware dance, I was getting error messages in Chinese and it took some decoding to figure out I hadn’t charged up the batteries far enough. But in doing all that I might have bricked something.
Mar 06, 2021, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Thank you, Mad. I’m pretty sure I did things the way they’re described in the manual, but maybe I missed something. I’ll give it another shot later today. When I first went through the firmware dance, I was getting error messages in Chinese and it took some decoding to figure out I hadn’t charged up the batteries far enough. But in doing all that I might have bricked something.

Brick is unlikely. Just a lot of faffing needed.
Mar 06, 2021, 01:39 PM
Quote:

Make sure you are not using the DJi Supplied cable to your phone it’s charge only. Use the OTG Cable and your own USB cable.
Mar 06, 2021, 02:11 PM
Heavy lifter
Quote:
Make sure you are not using the DJi Supplied cable to your phone it’s charge only. Use the OTG Cable and your own USB cable.
Sadly now I cannot even link the goggles to the aircraft. OK, I sorted that part, but I still cannot get the remote controller to respond at all. I tried connecting it to the Mac with the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) app but it doesn't answer there, either. The aircraft and goggles are linked and working together just fine. But when I try to link the aircraft to the remote controller, it never links.

[ sad face emoji ]
Last edited by stevemaller; Mar 06, 2021 at 02:46 PM.
Mar 06, 2021, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Sadly now I cannot even link the goggles to the aircraft. That was working before (I could see video in the goggles) but now that's not working, either. When I set the goggles next to the aircraft and press the link button on the goggles, then the aircraft, both beep...endlessly. They never link. I tried resetting the goggles in the menu, and that doesn't change anything. The only cable that's plugged in is the power to the goggles. The Lightning cable to the OTG is not connected but that didn't make a difference when it was.

[ sad face emoji ]

Just to confirm you are in FPV Done Mode and not FOV Standalone ? Go into settings and About and keep going down to get the mode option.

If so Download assistant 2 for FPV and flash the firmware again and then see if it will bind.
Mar 06, 2021, 03:05 PM
Heavy lifter
Quote:
Just to confirm you are in FPV Done Mode and not FOV Standalone ? Go into settings and About and keep going down to get the mode option.
That fixed the binding to the goggles.
Quote:
If so Download assistant 2 for FPV and flash the firmware again and then see if it will bind.
Unfortunately the Assistant app fails trying to refresh the aircraft firmware (see below).
Mar 06, 2021, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Well it seems like Ken Heron got his and it's got issues, Not for his lemon, but surprising He is giving it a big thumbs down and not a recommended to buy. Personally the thing just doesn't interest me. If I wanted something to zip around the sky, I would go back to flying CP Helis. YMMV.

https://youtu.be/KRv2EglKp0w
Ken is an idiot and is the perfect example of the toxic elitism that seems to exist in the FPV world

If you carefully watch his video/read the comments/look at googles it appears that he did not put on the latest firmware on, so not at all surprised that he had issues.

This guy below however clearly knows his FPV and flew it for 3 months before posting his review, you can also see how well it can fly even in free style and he gives a really honest summary at the end

Everything About The New DJI FPV Drone (32 min 59 sec)

Quick Reply