Nov 27, 2021, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Echo
Yes, I agree that batteries have to be below 30%, if you are traveling on a plane.
But to store Lithium batteries over a longer period of time they should be at about 50%.
I always wondered this. How do people travel abroad with quads, and lipos and all thst stuff. Does it have to be checked and stored below the cabin? One day I’d love to take a drone to a Caribbean island and capture some awesome footage. But I’ve always been unclear on laws to travel with lipos.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2021, 05:35 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Regulations have been very clear and haven't changed in years, every airline's website will list them.
Nov 27, 2021, 06:46 PM
I've got a little hair on one of our screens. At least I think it's on a screen because its image is tack sharp. How do you get this out? The teardown videos look like a terrible job and none of them get into the light pathway where this hair is anyway. Do I have to send this back to DJI?
Nov 30, 2021, 11:24 AM
Tweaker
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftyatm
I always wondered this. How do people travel abroad with quads, and lipos and all thst stuff. Does it have to be checked and stored below the cabin? One day I’d love to take a drone to a Caribbean island and capture some awesome footage. But I’ve always been unclear on laws to travel with lipos.
I've traveled with drones a lot. The drone and batteries always go with you in carry on, never check batteries below cabin. There are maximize battery capacity limits but these are well under that.
Nov 30, 2021, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
I've got a little hair on one of our screens. At least I think it's on a screen because its image is tack sharp. How do you get this out? The teardown videos look like a terrible job and none of them get into the light pathway where this hair is anyway. Do I have to send this back to DJI?
I’m probably not the guy to help you, but I’ll mention anyway that I don’t know what you’re talking about.
Nov 30, 2021, 05:03 PM
freelance videographer/DP
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
Try a blast of compressed air if there is a vent or seam?
Nov 30, 2021, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmont250
Try a blast of compressed air if there is a vent or seam?
Yeah... I'll try that. There are vent slits above each eye. It's at the shop. I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks!
Dec 01, 2021, 04:06 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Make sure you use canned air, you don't want oil droplets from an unfiltered compressor on your screens.
Dec 01, 2021, 05:27 AM
Hey!

Was thinking a long time of getting into FPV since a few of my friend at our local rc club are into it. These days i found a good deal of the dji fpv combo, slightly used but in very good shape. Yesterday i flew it for the first time and had a lot of fun with it. Gone trough 4 lipos. In the first one i figured out that you have to "unlock" the manual mode wich i done after that. Was a lot of fun after that. Had a little fear of motion sickness. Only flew one flight in fpv before with an airplane of an friend to try it out and felt a little sick doing that, but i got used to it yesterday and did not have any problems with that.

Heres a video of footage of the flights yesterday... was a lot of fun

Getting into FPV Flying! First day with DJI FPV (3 min 31 sec)
Dec 03, 2021, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermensch
Hey!

Was thinking a long time of getting into FPV since a few of my friend at our local rc club are into it. These days i found a good deal of the dji fpv combo, slightly used but in very good shape. Yesterday i flew it for the first time and had a lot of fun with it. Gone trough 4 lipos. In the first one i figured out that you have to "unlock" the manual mode wich i done after that. Was a lot of fun after that. Had a little fear of motion sickness. Only flew one flight in fpv before with an airplane of an friend to try it out and felt a little sick doing that, but i got used to it yesterday and did not have any problems with that.

Heres a video of footage of the flights yesterday... was a lot of fun

https://youtu.be/AEkArmRhiWA
Welcome to the club!
Dec 05, 2021, 01:34 AM

Kevin's Bi

Kevin got a new Biplane and these are a few of it's first flights.

Kevin's Bi (10 min 22 sec)
Dec 05, 2021, 11:20 AM
Hey James,
Great flying! Did you use the tilt of the camera during the flights?

What software do you use for the OSD and how do you get the data?
Dec 05, 2021, 12:54 PM
Heres a little flying and fun with my DJI FPV in line of sight, without goggles in manual mode. A friend of mine had the goggles on while i was flying and he told me how much battery was left^^ Lot of fun!

Flying the DJI FPV without goggles - LOS Aerobatics (6 min 8 sec)
Dec 05, 2021, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Echo
Hey James,
Great flying! Did you use the tilt of the camera during the flights?

What software do you use for the OSD and how do you get the data?
Yup did have to adjust the camera angle once. From 15 to high 20's.

As for osd I used this vid to show how, where, and with what.

DJI FPV Drone - Adding Telemetry Data on Flight Videos - 3 Ways To Overlay! (16 min 5 sec)
Dec 07, 2021, 02:34 AM

F 16min of fame

Gerhart puts on a show with his F-16. With a little help from John and his F-18
Air Force Vs. Navy But all filmed by the ARMY!!!!

F 16min of fame (3 min 16 sec)

Quick Reply