This thread is privately moderated by TBY, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 01, 2021, 05:38 AM
TBY
TBY
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

FRSKY Archer SR8 PRO External Voltage measurement

Hi
FRSKY Archer SR8 PRO has an External Voltage measurement via AIN2. The manual describes this as:
Voltage Measurement Range via AIN2 (External device): 0-36V (Battery Voltage Division Ratio: 1:10).
No other explanations for this feature.
I’ll write down my experience with this option:

The AI2, green cable, will go to the external battery +
The -, black cable, will go to the external battery -

Be aware that this receiver accepts 0-36V. It has its own voltage divider inside. Other receivers might accept lower voltage!!!!
The other issue is the Voltage Division Ratio. The manual declares 1:10 ratio. Setting this sensor up with 1:10 ratio gave me unreasonable outcome.
I have used two batteries (3s and 4s) and a multimeter and started to “play” with the values. For this receiver, the best values were a Ratio of 35 and an offset of 0.57V. Got a good voltage reading for the two measurement points that I used.
My colleague, Lior Zahavi - i3dm, suggested that the difference (ratio) is because I’m using OpenTX.

Hope that this small “how to” helps.

Please feel free to add your division ratio values and/or comment on this issue.

TNX
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply