J&H Aerospace Micro Bird of Time Unboxing

The Bird of Time is a classic sailplane with unmistakable lines and fond memories for nearly all RC sailplane pilots.

Splash

Micro Bird of Time!

The Bird of Time is a classic sailplane with unmistakable lines and fond memories for nearly all RC sailplane pilots. J&H Aerospace offers this classic downscale by Ross Clements and it maintains Dave Thornburg’s classic outlines but substitutes completely new structure to make building this 48″ span sailplane a snap! Despite its diminutive size, this model preserves the incredible glide performance of the full scale original.

The Micro BOT builds to about 80g as a pure high start glider and 90-100g as an electric launch sailplane with unlimited vertical climb performance. Winter is coming to a close, but it's not too late to get one last project in before the spring flying weather arrives. Be sure to watch the unboxing video below to get an idea of what comes in the kit and then I've also included a flight video as a pure glider so you can see how it flys.

Check out the Micro Bird of Time Here

Feb 26, 2021, 10:47 AM
Very cool,

......a complete BOT Family, from the original Bird of Time, the 2m Mini Bird of Time, the 60in Bird of Daylight-Savings Time and now the 48in Micro Bird of Time.

Welcome to the Family
Feb 28, 2021, 09:14 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Can it be build with a two part wing?
Feb 28, 2021, 11:12 AM
Indoor FF is pretty neat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up&Away
Can it be build with a two part wing?
I don't see why not, (I'm the designer), but you'll have to deviate pretty substantially from the kit. the glued in joiners are a plywood on balsa joint, so I don't think it'd hold up to repeated insertions/removals. If you scratchbuild, I don't think it'd be too hard to glue in some aluminum tubes and use a carbon joiner.
If you're just worried about storage, the 48" wing isn't really all that big, it's narrow and doesn't have a whole lot of dihedral.

Ross
Feb 28, 2021, 11:51 AM
I'm moving away from foamies, and am stil looking for a 1.5/2 m glider that I can leave in the car in a 1m long box...
My building board and que is a bit long, but I might succumb and order one by the end of March.
Mar 01, 2021, 12:02 PM
Oh alright then... Ordered one. She's going to be an e version...
Mar 02, 2021, 06:00 AM
Silent but deadly!

J&H Aerospace Micro BoT build

This is Part 1 of my build. It isn't step by step as I don't have the time for that, and the video would be way too long. I'm hoping Part 2 will be published on YouTube next Monday 8th March as I'm almost finished now with only the control rods to make and fit servo's etc.

Micro Bird of Time build Part 1 (12 min 10 sec)
Mar 06, 2021, 07:16 PM
They should sell a separate fuselage kit so you can have electric or hand launch
Mar 06, 2021, 07:26 PM
Indoor FF is pretty neat
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonquinn
They should sell a separate fuselage kit so you can have electric or hand launch
patience

I've got another airplane to get out of the way first, but then I'm going to finalize the v tail files, and we will be offering fuselages separately, with the conventional and v tail as separate options.
Mar 10, 2021, 08:17 AM
Silent but deadly!
Check out my latest video of the J&H Aerospace Micro Bird of Time build & a BIG decision I had to make.

Micro Bird of time build Part 2 & the BIG decision (11 min 30 sec)
Mar 15, 2021, 09:59 PM
Heres mine! I need to take it out and fly it but I'm just under 4oz with a 180mah 2s. The motor on the pod is an eflite park 180 2500kv. This was a super fun kit to build.
Mar 22, 2021, 08:00 AM
Silent but deadly!
Check out my latest video where I'm trimming & trying to maiden the Micro Bird of Time. Back to the drawing board for servo's, LiPo & RX.

Micro Bird of Time | trimming & maiden flight - Part 1 (7 min 49 sec)
May 02, 2021, 05:28 PM
delete
Last edited by Mellowdave; May 02, 2021 at 05:39 PM.
May 03, 2021, 06:47 AM
Silent but deadly!
Micro Bird of Time | extra Time (14 min 27 sec)

Quick Reply