Jun 17, 2005, 08:29 PM
Thread OP
Idea

Mountain Models Dandy GT - CG

I just finished my GT wing for my old Dandy/Dandy Sport. I would like to fly the GT wing with the same configuration as I fly the Dandy Sport:
Himax 2015-4100 BL motor
TP 2S 2100 lipo battery
APC 10 x 7 prop
CC 25 ESC

After installing the GT wing with this configuration the plane is very nose heavy. CG is forward of the wing spar. I have the battery as far back as it can go. I was hoping not to add any weight

Has anyone had a CG problem with the GT wing?

When I fly the Sport wing in this setup CG is never an issue.

I appreciate your advice and suggestions.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 18, 2005, 09:51 AM
Mountain Models Wannabe
I'm surprised your Dandy is so nose heavy. What gearbox are you using?

Doug
Jun 18, 2005, 10:00 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoClimber
I'm surprised your Dandy is so nose heavy. What gearbox are you using?

Doug
Doug I am using the blue aluminum gearbox that comes with the Himax.
I have used this same setup flying the Sport wing and never had a problem.
Jun 18, 2005, 10:05 AM
Brunswick, Ohio
I found that with my GT wing I really needed 3's to enjoy the plane as it really likes speed. With the sport wing 2's were enough. Just my opinion, you're may vary.

Jim
Jun 21, 2005, 07:08 AM

Himax

Cubsflyer
How did you mount the Himax motor? I have one of the 2025 4266 that I took out of a TM400 that bit the dust. I was thinking on getting either the Dandy Sport or Switchback and putting that motor ion it.
Jun 21, 2005, 05:17 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlandis
Cubsflyer
How did you mount the Himax motor? I have one of the 2025 4266 that I took out of a TM400 that bit the dust. I was thinking on getting either the Dandy Sport or Switchback and putting that motor ion it.

jlandis, I bought my Himax with the blue aluminum gearbox. This geabox uses a simple stick mount just like a GWS 300 motor. I didn't need to add or change anything. This motor gearbox combo fits well in the Dandy fuslage.
Jun 22, 2005, 07:31 AM

Unsure

Is there a stick nount in the Dandy? I looked at the pdf. online oplans for theSwitchback and it did not have a stick mount. Thought the dandy might be the same.
Jun 22, 2005, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlandis
I looked at the pdf. online oplans for the Switchback and it did not have a stick mount. Thought the dandy might be the same.
switchback - unless it has changed in the last year - has a stick mount. and i believe the dandy and switchback fuses are about identical (except for the obvious wing mountings)
Jun 22, 2005, 03:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nose_first
switchback - unless it has changed in the last year - has a stick mount. and i believe the dandy and switchback fuses are about identical (except for the obvious wing mountings)
I know for sure that the Dandy comes with a stick mount and I am reasonably sure the Switchback does as well.
Jun 23, 2005, 11:58 PM

Stick mount

The following picture is from the switchback manual. I did not read anyweher in the manual about a stick however if you know for sure the dandy has one, great.

Quick Reply