Control Hobbies - SM-Modellbau Products in North America

Control Hobbies is now offering the complete sm-modellbau products at their shop!

Splash

SM-MODELLBAU

From Mannie at Control Hobbies

For over 10 years, the German company SM-Modellbau, has been designing and manufacturing quality electronics for the RC industry. Their advanced telemetry modules and sensors are widely used in many remote-controlled radio systems where real-time data is recorded and send back to the radio for flight monitoring.

Their telemetry modules are compatible with a wide range of radio systems such as Graupner, Jeti, Spektrum, Futaba, FrSky, CORE, JR and Multiplex.

SM-Modellbau telemetry modules provide the following functionality:

UNISENS-E: Current, Voltage, Power, Capacity, Altitude, Vario and RPM. Works with almost any existing power system.

MicroVario: Altitude, Accelerometer, Speed, Vario, (for measuring airplane climb/sink rate). It also has a TEK compensation nozzle and with itís dual pressure sensor it provides increased accuracy and resolution.

GPS Logger 3: Altitude, distance, Vario, location, heading, speed and more. It also has TEK compensation nozzle. The GPS Logger can operate in standalone mode recording telemetry data on its SD card for further analysis on your computer as well as with any compatible telemetry radio. It can also create signed files for OLC (Online Contest) with its built-in noise sensor (ENL).

UniLog 2: Is a central telemetry data hub for electric and gas-powered systems recording voltages, current, power, capacity, temperatures, RPM, single cell voltages, altitude and Vario. The Unilog 2 Logger can operate in standalone mode recording telemetry data on its SD card for further analysis on your computer as well as with any compatible telemetry radio.

Control Hobbies has started to distribute their full product line in North America and is providing full service and customer support for the complete product line.

Translation from German to English of their products is under way with downloadable English user manuals already available. This will be followed shortly with translation of their software as well.

If you are looking for the most capable and most advanced telemetry modules on the market that are future proof and work with almost any telemetry radio system on the market you should consider SM-Modellbau in your future projects.

SM-Modellbau, Telemetry Done Right!

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Feb 23, 2021 at 05:24 PM..
Feb 24, 2021, 06:40 AM
This is terrific news! Buying Uni parts is the sole reason I had to open a paypal account in euros and join eBay.de!
Feb 25, 2021, 08:51 AM
These are all great. Only downside is all telemetry is displayed in German. Might not be a problem on some radios that allow you to rename telemetry output.
Feb 25, 2021, 09:05 AM
Grow old disgracefully!
I wouldn't worry about that, you soon get used to it

Dick
Feb 25, 2021, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark426
These are all great. Only downside is all telemetry is displayed in German. Might not be a problem on some radios that allow you to rename telemetry output.
Depends how the native telemetry system works, on Multiplex the type of data is sent as a code and the transmitter recognises it and displays it in whatever language is selected on the Tx.
Mar 06, 2021, 10:14 PM
Does anyone know if the telemetry for Spektrum shows in English or German?
Mar 09, 2021, 04:21 AM
Thanks for the info. I am interested in telemetry in Vietnamese. I'm studying it now. Of course, I turn to experts to translate complex documentation https://pickwriters.com/vietnamese-translation-services but otherwise I try to translate myself. Knowing foreign languages is very useful nowadays.
Last edited by Uriel Ross; Mar 15, 2021 at 01:30 AM.

Quick Reply