Jun 17, 2005, 08:20 AM
Thread OP

RC anger. Post your story about the maddest you've been and what happened.

Okay, what's the closest you've come to stomping, smashing or hammering your plane or other RC equipment.

I've had nightmarish, astronomically bad luck with supposedly good quality equipment for months and it reached a climax today when the system decided to completely stop working just before my Seeker's maiden flight I've been waiting for for months (longgg story). I really wanted to smash everything. Luckily I had an "old" (5 months) Laser 4 that had calfed on me. It was my surrogate smashee. Four long swings with a hammer. Tons of high-velocity pieces everywhere. A few of the pieces made 3 small cuts on my right foot.
However, I really needed to smash a lot more stuff.
My right foot doesn't recommend this practice without wearing full body armor.

Maybe I'll just do free flight only from now on.
Jun 17, 2005, 09:09 AM
Will work for planes
I quit doing that kind of thing when I was a kid. I came to bright conclusion that smashing things doesn't help me at all. I just end up having to replace it what I broke. Instead of engaging in destructive behavior sell the source of ire or simply give it away. You will have a greater sense of satifaction seeing someone else enjoy it rather than you destroying it. Let me finish by saying anger is not a bad thing. It's what you do with your anger. You can either be productive or destructive, it's up to you. Good luck.
Jun 17, 2005, 09:14 AM
God is good
Another Foot Shooter!!!!!
Jun 17, 2005, 11:31 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay flay tway
My right foot doesn't recommend this practice without wearing full body armor.
I kicked a chainsaw that refused to start.....my right foot hurt for days, and I walked with a limp.
Jun 17, 2005, 01:25 PM
crashin with a smile
While flying slimers I had a .25 magnum that would never run right so in anger I took it to a dam and threw the plane off and sloped it till it crashed eventually. I was gonna fly under power or no power either way. The crash was minor so I replaced motor and flew after repairing the firewall. It makes no sense to ruin a perfectly good plane just because I am mad. I have a punching bag at the gym I can go hit.
Jun 17, 2005, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay flay tway
Okay, what's the closest you've come to stomping, smashing or hammering your plane or other RC equipment.

So actually stomping, smashing or hammering your plane doesn't count?
Jun 17, 2005, 02:58 PM
dusty bible = dirty life
Not smashed but just so thoroughly discusted, I practically gave it away. My dad built a TF small P-47 for me, infact the "good" folks at Century Jet still have a shot of it up on their page and are claiming it's their airplane after several emails from me. (http://www.centuryjet.com/gallery/pr...cs/P47side.jpg) My TF plane not theirs. Well the wonderful CJM gear bent or collapsed completely after every flight. And they kept charging me to fix them. The 4th and last flight of theplane the gear bent back and the plane cartwheeled, ripping the wing out of the fuselage. I removed the engine. servos and radio and sold the remains to a guy standing there for $100.00. He fixed it, put in better gear and had it flying a week later.
Jun 17, 2005, 04:08 PM
Human Like You
I don't know if this is the maddest I've ever been, but it was an awful disappointment and expense.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251053
Jun 17, 2005, 04:16 PM
Cal
Cal
Wait........don't we all do this for fun ???
Jun 18, 2005, 03:31 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega blood
I quit doing that kind of thing when I was a kid. I came to bright conclusion that smashing things doesn't help me at all. I just end up having to replace it what I broke. Instead of engaging in destructive behavior sell the source of ire or simply give it away. You will have a greater sense of satifaction seeing someone else enjoy it rather than you destroying it. Let me finish by saying anger is not a bad thing. It's what you do with your anger. You can either be productive or destructive, it's up to you. Good luck.
Thanks for the nice words but...
Well, maybe you missed in the post that the transmitter i smashed was ruined already and set for the garbage bin anyway.
I'd like to know what other people would have done if "blessed" with my amount of bad luck, isolation, total lack of even slightly useful lhs's. Won't tell the long story here but you don't know what it's like till it happens to you. Sure, everyone has bad luck sometimes; no, this is something else.
Anyway, smashing the already ruined tx was fun, a bit stupid, but the point of this thread was to swap stories of stupid anger.

Quick Reply