I also would like a set of plans
Tnx
Cut403
wb0zho@yahoo.com
Jun 18, 2005, 12:18 PM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Guys , the plans are UP at www.FoamFly.com/gallery/Glen let me know if you need any help with the build .... ??? Enjoy , and be sure to build as close to the plans as possible .... no mutating now !!!!!!! hahahahahaha
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Jun 18, 2005, 01:39 PM
Use whatcha got!
Printed... Will get started on this ASAP.

-mike s.
Jun 18, 2005, 02:05 PM
newbee

problem printing

Gpw. How do you blow these plans up to print bigger ? I can barely read them even with magnifying glass. other than that they look good
Jun 18, 2005, 02:19 PM
Use whatcha got!
Go to page 11 of Glen's plans, click on each sheet T0-T06 and when the page gets larger, rt. click on it and choose 'Save Image As' if you're using Mozilla and 'Save Picture As' if using Internet Exploder.

Save them off to your computer, then open them again with whatever picture / imaging software comes standard on your system. Choose the print option. Should be full size... This worked for me.

In Internet Exploder, there is also the option to 'Print Picture' from the rt. click menu. This method did not work for me (might with a little effort, but I always 'save' plans to my hard drive anyway).

Good luck...

-uproar90
Jun 18, 2005, 02:42 PM
Suspended Account
Call me computer illiterate....but i've always been a bit confused by the layout of the free plans at the foamfly site. Great site...great products, fair prices and the Frog...

But I wish the plans were a single high resolution page I could place in my trusty tileprint program, adjust to scale and print.

But I'll get this plan one way or another!

thanks, gpw.

I'm trying to teach my brother-in-law how to fly RC...he destroyed the second Frog I built him just last weekend. I'm hoping your plane will provide the missing link. I'm tired of flying by myself.
Jun 18, 2005, 07:31 PM
gpw
gpw
I still can't get all things correct at the FoamFly site .... have trouble arranging groups , but I'm a computer DUMMY !!!! Don't feel bad ...

I tried to put the scanned /tile images Up and he wants full size plans??? .... Sorry I draw the plans full size and then fold them to fit in my primitive scanner , that s how I get them to you .... Other ways, involve the purchasing of expensive equiptment and software , then I'd have to charge for the plans and NO ONE would like that now , would they ????
Jun 18, 2005, 07:31 PM
Use whatcha got!
GPW - question... The edges of the tongue depressor motor mount should overhang on the fuse? just center it and go? or double up that area to support the motor?
Jun 18, 2005, 07:34 PM
gpw
gpw
UPROAR , you'll see the doublers under the wing that support the tongue depressor or a motor dowell (CD)... one on each side ...
Jun 18, 2005, 09:27 PM
gwp,
Thanks for the plans. I am building one today to fly with my 8 year old. I will try and post a pict when it is done and flying. Quick question, where did you put the CG? Have you had any problems with the wing coming off on crashes? Have you tried a 4 inch prop? Any suggestions are appreciated.
Jun 18, 2005, 10:49 PM
Since I have no J250 or similar motor I guess I will shoot for a cdrom type as they are available all over the place.

Question... Aren't the prop sizes much larger than 3"?
I feel a severe handicap coming on if I have to saw the fuse in half to accomodate the kind of prop required by a cdrom motor.

Any thoughts or comments concerning this matter?

Robert
Jun 18, 2005, 11:05 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
tried to put the scanned /tile images Up and he wants full size plans??? .... Sorry I draw the plans full size and then fold them to fit in my primitive scanner , that s how I get them to you .... Other ways, involve the purchasing of expensive equiptment and software , then I'd have to charge for the plans and NO ONE would like that now , would they ????
Understood gpw. I thought maybe the plans could be easily reduced to an A4 sheet...the fact that your originals are full size honestly didn't occur to me. Duh!

Forgive me, I don't really understand these things.

But I'll get these plans one way or another. It sure looks like a great trainer.
Jun 19, 2005, 11:34 AM
Crash Master
Here ya go... I assembled and tiled them.

Glen, you may want to download these and attatch them to your first post with an edit...
Jun 19, 2005, 05:48 PM
gpw
gpw
Woo . the wing hasn't come off yet , with all my bashing in the yard .... it is glued on securely and the skewers hold the rest ... The 4x2.5 prop kept shutting off my speed control , too many amps, all though that combo seems to work fine in faster planes (speed unloads prop , this one goes too slow for that ).. the best suggestion is to build it exactly to the plans .... test glide for best cg ....30%
WILLIN , it is designed for UP to a 6" prop on a cd motor ...
GeneBond , Thanks as usual for the assistance , will do .... CU
er, Gene , Now how might I go about doing that ????

Quick Reply