RCGroups Place of the Month - Sanford Model Airplane Club

This month's featured Place is the Sanford Model Airplane Club located in Sanford, NC. This is an AMA Chartered club with a field positioned southwest of Raleigh.

Splash

RCGroups February Place of the Month

Every month we like to feature a group from our Places page. There are literally thousands of Places listed, pointing out sites like flying fields, hobby shops, race tracks and boat ponds all over the world. The RC Map is a great way to find a new place near you and meet some new friends.

This month's featured Place is the Sanford Model Airplane Club located in Sanford, NC. This is an AMA Chartered club with a field positioned southwest of Raleigh. They have a nice sized grass runway to fly from. Other amenities include airplane stands for tuning and a covered shelter for grabbing some shade. The club also hosts several events throughout the year including the upcoming Warbirds Over Sanford event.

Warbirds over Sanford will take place on Saturday May 1st, 2021. Bring all your warbirds of any size or power system and have a great day of flying. The event has a landing fee of $10, lunch will available and there will be a raffle to participate in. Don't miss it!

Check out the Sanford Model Airplane Club Places Page Here

Last edited by Jason Cole; Feb 22, 2021 at 10:21 AM..
Feb 22, 2021, 10:14 AM
Hey Ya'll Watch This!
Hey, President of the club here. Thank you guys so much for featuring us this month! We're a small club so we really do appreciate people spreading the word about us, it does make a big impact. Thank you all again, and come see us!
Last edited by RCAdam03; Feb 22, 2021 at 10:36 AM.
Feb 22, 2021, 03:57 PM

Smac

Good bunch of guys flying up there. Definitely worth a visit.
Feb 27, 2021, 09:54 AM
How far are you from High Point. My son lives there. Id like to drop by on my next visit.
Edwin
Feb 28, 2021, 09:53 PM
Hey Ya'll Watch This!
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin1
How far are you from High Point. My son lives there. Id like to drop by on my next visit.
Edwin
we're about 1.5hrs from high point I believe

Quick Reply