Jun 16, 2005, 03:38 PM
Heli's rule!
Thread OP
Build Log

Walkera 4 pictures and modifications **Part 2**

See https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355881 for part one.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2005, 03:55 PM
Raptor 50 + TRex 450
Well done dacaur,

Not to get sentimental or anything but thanks to everyone who posted on the last thread. I think everyone learned a lot, I know I did.
Everyone who posted brought a wealth of knowledge and experiences - the largest on the WEB for the little Walkera 4. I know, I spent a lot of time looking when I first bought my heli.
This little heli is opening up this hobby to so many new people and its nice to know there is somewhere to go for answers and ideas for a long time to come.

HERES TO THE NEXT 500

Thanks everyone,

Jon
Jun 16, 2005, 03:58 PM
Multi rotors and foamy planks
Stop it...I think I'm going to cry.......
Jun 16, 2005, 03:58 PM
I know I dont have a Walkera, and admiteldy have actually 'dissed' it, but the last thread has been very interesting and helpful, and I will no longer put people off the Walkera helis!

Duane
Jun 16, 2005, 05:07 PM
Sunday Flier
Yup, this place (and this thread, part 1) really helped me when I bought my #4, as I was a total newbie at the time (all of two months ago :-)).

Just painted my DF pink, by the way (to make it easier to see in the air). Seems hard to get the spray paint to stick to the canopy, though, and forget removing the old paint. Sanding it down seems to work, but nothing else. I'll see if I can get a pic of it...

Also flew outdoors for the first time last night, as the wind finally died down. It was after a few aerobatics lessons (in a fullscale glider), so I might have been a little shaky, but had no major problems. Tried again today with a very, very sligth breeze, and the damn thing was jumping up and down as if I was flying in a hurricane :-). I guess it's back to indoors for me.
Jun 16, 2005, 05:12 PM
LOL the wind doesn't do you any favours.
Jun 16, 2005, 07:19 PM
Heli's rule!
Thread OP
Hey want to hear somthing stupid? I decided my glitching was comming from my anntena touching my metal landing skid (i have it wraped around a strap zip tied to the skids) So i gut the zip ties to take it off..... and cut my antenna wire!!!!
DOH!!!
Jun 16, 2005, 08:11 PM
Raptor 50 + TRex 450
If ever there was a time to upgrade to a base loaded antena, I think this is it. How much do you have left still attached to the Rx ?
Jun 16, 2005, 08:15 PM
Raptor 50 + TRex 450
You can see mine in the picture below. I was able to get rid of most if the antenna.
I didn't have any range problems either.

Jon
Jun 16, 2005, 08:28 PM
Heli's rule!
Thread OP
I only cut off about 8 inches, but solderd it back together.... would like to do a base loaded but im too cheap to spend the $12 right now, especialy considering im about to order a lipo charger and batterys still have the glitching though... can a worn out moter cause glitching?
Jun 16, 2005, 10:27 PM
can a worn out moter cause glitching?

Yes.
Jun 17, 2005, 05:40 AM
Sunday Flier
OK, here's my new paintjob. I obviously need a better primer, as it's cracking left and right. Luckily the ****ty digital camera I borrowed to take this pic hides the worst of it :-).
Jun 17, 2005, 06:06 AM
Woohooo my my HRPOLY-X turned up today, so all I need now are my gold connectors and Ill be finished.
Jun 17, 2005, 02:08 PM
Sunday Flier
Just performed my first real mod. I was in the store to get a sim cable for my shiny new Hitec radio, and happened to pick up a GWS direct drive kit (the one that used to have orange propellers, mine are a sexy black though). Strapped it on and attached the prop, and boy does the tail move now! Hopefully won't burn out as fast either.
Jun 17, 2005, 02:35 PM
Heli's rule!
Thread OP
Rickenbacker - Did you sand it first? I roughed mine up with some course sandpaper first and didnt have any problems...
and yes your motor should last a lot longer... just remember, shiny side to the right.... im still on my first IPS motor after a month and a half...

Quick Reply