Jun 16, 2006, 09:35 AM
Hello from Germany (this is where the Soccer World Championship 2006 takes place )

here are some pics of my MF
maidenflight was on Wednesday 14-06-2006

greetings

FlyingDoc
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2006, 10:06 AM
semper ventosus
Quick question,

What do you guys think about this motor for the MF?

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...27&pid=W392031

Thanks
Jun 16, 2006, 10:21 AM
FlyingDoc.. How did you like the AXI and what kind of flying time did you have with What pcak? MF looks great!
Jun 16, 2006, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weather_man
Quick question,

What do you guys think about this motor for the MF?

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...27&pid=W392031

Thanks
Too big and heavy..
..a
Jun 16, 2006, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_russell
FlyingDoc.. How did you like the AXI and what kind of flying time did you have with What pcak? MF looks great!
the first flight was only a short one - about 6 min and just flying around - only two verticals (and they were fantastic )

it's the Axi 2808/24 with an APC 10 x 5 E
XPower LiPo from Dualsky.com 1700 mAh 3s (120 gr)

total weight of the MF is 690 gr (= 24,34 oz avdp)

the charging only got 532 mA in the LiPo - so the total flight time will be above 10 min i think...

first time I used this brand of LiPo...
but they seem to do their job....

so long
FlyingDoc
Jun 18, 2006, 04:07 PM
Hi,
today, after four flights with wing in back position I changed to forward position...
well, now I know why u guys have the LiPos in the frontposition...
I had to bring my 120gr-LiPo into the front behind the firewall, where you sure all have yours too...
even a little noseheavy (CG still at about 80mm from leading edge) I now have a completely different flyer - wow, so easy to handle - so easy to hover...
now that's the Mini-Funtana that i wanted to have when I ordered it...

thanks e-flite for the forward wingposition ;-) never will go back again....

so long
FlyingDoc
Jun 18, 2006, 04:21 PM
FLY PEMBREY (PFC)
HI All

Ive been flying my MF for about 11 months now and have always found it really docile!!!

its alot better now Ive fitted a Cobri and got the gearing right Im flying on a 11x4.7 Sf APC instead of a stock 12x6 on a modified himax box (it kept eating spurs) and now locks superbly into hover with great pull out

I tried moving the wing to the forward posistion and to be honest didnt notice that much of a difference other than the elevator appearing more sensitive and it doesnt seem to glide as well as before

Ive read elsewhere that this would help with the rudder response....but feel its identical
the main reason for this post is how can I improve the rudder as this is the only downside to this model for me

cheers
Trev
Last edited by milky2971; Jun 18, 2006 at 04:51 PM.
Jun 18, 2006, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDoc66
Hello from Germany (this is where the Soccer World Championship 2006 takes place )

here are some pics of my MF
maidenflight was on Wednesday 14-06-2006

greetings

FlyingDoc
Nice job. Where can we get the spinner that you used?
Jun 18, 2006, 08:04 PM
Quote:
the main reason for this post is how can I improve the rudder as this is the only downside to this model for me
I use a 3mm Depron extension taped to the rudder with clear packing tape. Works well.
Phillip
Jun 18, 2006, 10:37 PM

Large Spinners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Petersen
My yellow/blue/red Mini Funtana has a 1 1/2 inch plastic spinner from Dubro.

Best regards,

Carlos A. Cordova
QUITO - ECUADOR
Jun 19, 2006, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Petersen
the Spinner is from AERONAUT
I got it here: http://www.kd-modelltechnik.de

search for this : AE7253-30-31-32

It has a central M2-screw to be fixed.

FlyingDoc
Jun 19, 2006, 07:17 AM
Closed Account
The Aeronaut also needs a "Spannkonus" or collet adapter for the M2 screw to attach to and to hold the prop on the shaft. Click on "Mitnehmer" under "Luftschrauben" and scroll down to the Spannkonus that works for you. No, I don't speak/read German but I slept at a Holiday Inn once.
Jun 19, 2006, 07:47 AM
Thanks FlyingDoc and Ron. I'll check into an inn at once.
Jun 19, 2006, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Williams
The Aeronaut also needs a "Spannkonus" or collet adapter for the M2 screw to attach to and to hold the prop on the shaft. Click on "Mitnehmer" under "Luftschrauben" and scroll down to the Spannkonus that works for you. No, I don't speak/read German but I slept at a Holiday Inn once.

well, it depends...

I tapped (is that the word?) a M2 into the hub of the "Radial Mount Set" and so the spinner can be fixed to that part...

another way would be a "Spannkonus" with a winding in the hub... that's true... ;-)
Jun 19, 2006, 11:25 AM
Closed Account
Actually, Hobby Lobby has something quite similar:

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/propadap.htm

I seem to remember some Aeronaut (???) spinners for non folding props in their paper catalog - and Esprit Model has some too:

http://www.espritmodel.com/ Once again, click and scroll.

Quick Reply