This thread is privately moderated by JSKYVOLT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 18, 2021, 10:05 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Work on models or heat buildings w/wood, fix machinery etc

At least spending some time repairing and completing airframes and radio gear. The indoor flyer needs the motor from the donor partly constructed model. The servos go haywire on the completed model if moved more than approx. halfway and I must have damaged the motor with my clumsy paws. The sea otter is getting light spackle to fill and smooth the cut ends of the foam and will be taped taped to seal for water operation, maybe a light yellow coat of paint.
In the 141 consecutive days of running the wood boiler I have mostly figured out optimipum operation and the oil burner has consumed only three gallons of fuel oil, most in the first week. Normal consumption would be approx. 250 gallons to date. It has been taking 80 - 90 pounds of wood a day in coldest part of winter to heat garage pad(57-66*F), the house radiators (61-66*F) and what ever hot water is needed for baths, dishes, and laundry. I wasted a lot of wood until I learned the correct setting of primary and secondary air-an angry flame in the sight glass. The garage has more square footage than the house so it is no small chore or expense to heat so hopefully five or six cords will do a year and I can always burn dry pine once I get the staging area set up.
Weighing system consists of baby scale and result is usually an 18 pound pile of wood some of which I usually split to start fire and get optimal burn. On the modeling side I have much to do getting radio gear in shape, need certain rx crystals plus the 2.4 stuff and helicopter and internal combustion possibilities.
Last edited by JSKYVOLT; Jul 15, 2021 at 10:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 22, 2021, 01:05 PM
Thread OP

C Otter taxiing in snow

Seems like it is well trimmed from brief airborne moments. will get three batteries ready and fly manana.
Last edited by JSKYVOLT; Jul 15, 2021 at 10:31 AM.
Jun 07, 2021, 12:15 PM
Thread OP

Mill (motor) woes, many planes ready, summer time

between the mice, carb trouble and my ineptitude i ruined the honda GX690 mill motor. Too hot or wet to do anything for awhile but i will try to get a tecumseh 12 hp ohv engine going for temperary power. The cant on the mill will be sawed into 4" x 8" x 19' stringers, then three inch thick "triangles" will be fastened to the top edge to hold the treads (no cutting into the 4' x 8''s). meanwhile trying to do my inside projects without getting a tick bite so i don't get Lyme disease for a fourth time. First ,pic is the worm boxes (made two out of one) and I have been blending the compost food garbage, then using a colander to sieve out surplus water. Pic five is the main garden mid August. Some onions and other veggies from the garden. Got two out of five control line planes fired up (cox .049 and one .020).
Last edited by JSKYVOLT; Aug 26, 2021 at 02:57 AM.

Quick Reply