Old Jun 14, 2005, 06:05 PM
Find More Posts by UAVProducts

ECO 8: keep breaking Head bolt (jesus bolt) and Phx 45 start up problem?

I have my brothers Eco 8 for trimming and tunning. I have the latest Phx software 1.14 installed on the Ph45 in gov mode and start up set at softest. When I spool up it does a quick "jerk" and then spools up slowly to set throtlle setting of 90% before switching to idle 1 of 90%.

I would assume that the head bolt is breaking due to the start up problem.

Any thoughts/help?
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2005, 09:07 PM
Find More Posts by DavidB.
X-Era Motors
The head bolt is garbage. Replace it with something harder and you shouldn't have problems.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 09:53 PM
Find More Posts by TMorita
Quote:
Originally Posted by rerazor
I have my brothers Eco 8 for trimming and tunning. I have the latest Phx software 1.14 installed on the Ph45 in gov mode and start up set at softest. When I spool up it does a quick "jerk" and then spools up slowly to set throtlle setting of 90% before switching to idle 1 of 90%.

I would assume that the head bolt is breaking due to the start up problem.

Any thoughts/help?
I'll bet you have a Mega 22/20/3H.

I reported this problem to Castle Creations many times in the past, went through about three firmware versions waiting for it to be fixed, was never fixed, so replaced it with a Schulze 18.46k.

This was three years ago...looks like they still haven't fixed it.

Toshi
Old Jun 14, 2005, 10:11 PM
I'm running a Hacker B50 14L. I switiched to fixed throttle and didn't change any other settings and I do NOT get the 'jerk".

So it has to do with the Gove mode.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 10:33 PM
Find More Posts by Art Newland
CD-ROM Junkie
I couldn't get mine to stop the "jerk startup" (Px-45) until a softened the throttle curve on the low end, now it starts very smooth. But I'm using fixed throttle mode.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 10:09 AM
I guess I will just have to set it at Fixed pitch. In Gov mode the startup is so violent that it eats the main gear and breaks the bolt. Its to bad I really wanted to use Gov mode.

I'll just set the TC at 100 95 90 95 100 in idle 1
Norm will be 0 inn 90 90 90

Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2005, 01:34 PM
Find More Posts by Chachin