Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 14, 2005, 04:33 AM
Woodsy

Super Hornet

One of the guys that bought some Cellfoam off me has built a Super Hornet, and he's been good enough to do a set of plans for it.
Thanks Tim

form now on PM me and i'll send u a copy, some people stuffed it for the rest of you.

I'm back
Last edited by woodsy; Jun 20, 2005 at 03:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2005, 03:51 AM
TOPDOG
it doesnt work for me
Jun 16, 2005, 05:03 AM
Woodsy
pm me your regular e-mail and i'll send them to you..

Oh u need acrobat reader
Jun 16, 2005, 07:16 AM
500FT & Climbing
is it possible to get the plans in a tiled version to print on A4 or Letter?
Jun 16, 2005, 05:46 PM
Woodsy
Sorry, no tiled version.
Jun 16, 2005, 06:11 PM
Very nice M8, thx.

The pdf file opened and saved just fine for me.

Cheers
Jun 16, 2005, 11:32 PM

Great plane and Great plans

Link worked fine for me! Thanks for the plans.
Chuck
Jun 19, 2005, 06:02 PM
Go FASST or go home...

Original drawing or...

I must say the plans looks very much like the works of Jetset44 - I'm just wondering if this just might be his plan.....

Ben_E
Jun 19, 2005, 06:35 PM
Woodsy
Not as far as i know Ben, i've made them available and given credit due in good faith that the information i have is corect.

If that is not the case i'll change who i credit them to.

but on the other hand i'll could just remove the link as it seems a lot of ppl on RCG these days aren't happy with who did what to who and who gets credit and all the other BS
Jun 19, 2005, 08:50 PM
ARF Hater Club
That looks extactly like Jetsets f-18. Besides the strake shape, the lack of a two piece carbon wing spar, and stabilators mounted further back, they are idntical. The vertical stab. mountinmg method is the same lol. This must of been built off his plans. None the less, it looks really good. Nice job.
Jun 19, 2005, 08:57 PM
Park Jet Guru
Well, it's certainly similar in design concept to my F-18A, but it looks to me like he's made numerous changes to more accurately model the Super Hornet. Looks quite good to me!

Steve
Jun 19, 2005, 09:31 PM
Woodsy
LOL, this made me laugh
Quote:
Besides the strake shape, the lack of a two piece carbon wing spar, and stabilators mounted further back, they are idntical
so in actual fact it's NOT identical!!!!!

going on that theory its EXACTLY identical to a real Super Hornet, other than being made of Depron, Oh ahd a lot smaller, oh and RC Oh and electric and not turbine, It's EXACTLY the same.

I guess when were making models of real things and using well established modeling principals a lot of them are going to look similar.
Jun 19, 2005, 11:27 PM
Whether it is copied or not...I think Steve has always been generous with his plans and has encouraged his techniques to be used for developing other models.

<S> Steve...

Ex.

PS: Hi Woodsy...thanks for dropping the cellfoam off.
Jun 20, 2005, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeSkyes
Whether it is copied or not...I think Steve has always been generous with his plans and has encouraged his techniques to be used for developing other models.

<S> Steve...
I agree entirely - Steve has told me that he encourages people to use his methods, for which I am grateful as I am part way through an A5 Vigilante plan.

One thing everyone must be aware of is that if you publish something in the public domain then someone somewhere will copy, rip off, try to say it was theirs or just plain do their own thing with it. This will not stop me releasing the A5 plans though when finished - most people that are in the know here will realise where it came from.

Gary
Jun 20, 2005, 07:04 AM
Woodsy
Well **** it, after the down right abusive PM's i've recieved i'm removing the link. i can NOT BELIEVE people would get so upset over a set of FREE plans.

Personaly people like you (you know who you are) are the reason our hobby is declining, i hope u all sit in your rocking chairs and rot lamenting the decline of our hobby, this is exactly the attitude i'd expect from die hard balsa and glow modlers, NOT from people on this forum.

Quick Reply