What the Heck Wednesday - Crash Compilation

This week on What the Heck Wednesday we have a compilation video of multiple crashes, mishaps and funny moments in RC

Splash

Over 2 minutes of Crashes

This week on What the Heck Wednesday we have a compilation video of multiple crashes, mishaps and funny moments in RC. Many of these crashes are due to pilot error, but some can be attributed to engine failure, mechanical issues or other unforeseen problems. It's a fun watch on this cold Wednesday morning and there's always a lesson to be learned. If you'd like to break down some of these crashes to deduce what when wrong, feel free to reply in the comments below and tell us what you think.

If you have a video of a weird or entertaining crash and would like to be featured on What the Heck Wednesday, please send me a PM with your submission.

Last edited by Jason Cole; Feb 03, 2021 at 09:20 AM..
Feb 04, 2021, 01:13 PM
Wakka Wakka
1.(Tri-Plane) Quartering tailwind coupled with poor piloting skills.

2. Just a bit more elevator....

3. Intentional? Maybe.

4. Climb out too steep, motor then quits and pilot tries to "will" it to fly.

5. Poor piloting skills

6. See 5.

7. Landing on mains in grass can be tricky, we've all done that one.

8. See 5.

9. See 7.

10. Mercy Killing? I don't know.

11. Forced the landing, too much airspeed.

12. Nice Job!

13. Nice Landing! Then started shedding parts...

14. See 5.

15. Did everything right except flying off a crappy surface.

16. What was that!? He must have been visiting from Markham Field Florida.

That's my take.
Feb 04, 2021, 06:50 PM
A lot of stalls there
Feb 05, 2021, 06:51 AM
Electric planes are a blast.
Learning to laugh at crashes is absolutely healthy for the mind and soul. The maiden flight of a work of art get the blood pressure up and the nerves jittery. Who know's when the radio browns out, or something cuts loose, or a gust of wind demolishes or blows away your bird. All no-bueno mang! Good video, great way to blow off some steam...
Feb 05, 2021, 08:24 AM
Looked to me like a lot of them were the same day at the same field. Was it "crash your giant scale for a video" day?

Andy
Feb 05, 2021, 02:42 PM
I'd rather be Flying
I've never seen such high, stout fencing at an RC field. I can see why they have it.
Feb 05, 2021, 03:26 PM
Regarding the P-47 stall/spin at :35. Pilots of full size planes call that the "impossible turn" and it kills more people than almost any other kind of accident. Plane loses power on takeoff and is guaranteed to have an off field landing. But instead of keeping the nose down and airspeed up and making the best landing they can straight ahead they try to turn back and land on the runway. Stall speed increases by 140% in a 45 degree banked turn. Plane snaps into a spin and comes straight down on the nose.

It's cost me a couple of friends.
Latest blog entry: Assembling a Spandau kit.
Feb 05, 2021, 03:48 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
Loads of model 'accident' compilation videos on YT, ranging from the small to giant models, and from, 'that deserves to die', to high quality scale models that didn't.

Just keep telling yourself that - it's a hobby - it's fun - that you wouldn't have done that - etc etc

and that any 'accident' is just an opportunity to buy/build another one.

We can learn from our mistakes, just don't learn to make bigger and better mistakes

Feb 06, 2021, 11:40 AM
To me, I think they need to leave this hobby. It's for them and it be safer at the field once there gone.

With sims now a days. They should be able to land and talk off in one piece.

Quick Reply