This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 03, 2021, 05:35 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Discussion

USPS Priority mail - Altitude Hobbies

Greetings good people!

I normally don't post any issues here with Shipping of items from RC Vendors but, this one I need to share and make sure you all have an acknowledgement of what is going on with FREE or very inexpensive shipping via USPS and those RC Vendors who use Priority Mail from USPS.

EDIT: I am not in the least blaming Garret from Altitude Hobbies for this as he and I are not in control over the rather bizarre COVID-19 situations and USPS places a RED bar on top of any Tracking Page explaining this. The even more strange thing was today I received another package all the way from ROWLETT, TEXAS and it originated there (Shipped) on Feb 1st and arrived today Feb 3rd and it was USPS Parcel Select Ground! It does NOT make any sense!

My package from Altitude Hobbies has arrived in my Seminole-Orlando Distribution (Priority Mail) and departed this Distribution Center on 21st of January. Of which it still has not arrived at my "Local" Post Office Hub since today, February 3rd. The Distribution Center is less than 20 miles away and I can't get anyone at USPS to give me a reason for this delay.

It just SUCKS!

Worse is the vendor who I purchased these items saying that this is NORMAL based on Priority Mail!

Check out my latest e-mail to this vendor!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Garret,

RE: Tracking:
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...07600052102746

Excuse me for having some differences of views on delays of delivery here.

The facts on the tracking just doesn't make sense as it says it is already here in the Orlando area for over 9 days now. Florida is NOT under a blanket of Snow or storms!

The Seminole-Orlando distribution center is less than 20 miles away and the tracking says it left this distribution center on the 21st of JANUARY @ 8:22am! Today is 3rd of February!!!!

It just doesn't make sense! Why?

Because you can track this package coming from Rowlett, Texas that originated on February 1st and it is already here at my "LOCAL" post office and it will be delivered today!
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...05496250232205

I do understand that you have a business to run and selecting the best economical shipper is perhaps the best to stay in business, however, I have here sitting with an RC Model on my work bench without a Power System and it is now gotten pretty OLD looking at it without any progress.

The fact that you would even repeat what USPS would say UP on the RED bar going back to our situation on tracking for my item(s) that I purchased from you is rather disheartening and down right bad customer service from the view-point of reasonable intelligence.

I will wait until Thursday end of business and if I don't see anything, I would expect a FULL REFUND.

Regards,
Carlos

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Monday, February 1, 2021, 02:36:52 PM EST, Altitude Hobbies <altitudehobbies@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, Carlos -- the post office is experiencing shipping delays right now. Tracking shows the package is in Florida but something has caused it to get delayed. This is very common with priority mail shipments currently. Almost all of them that I've had delayed have been delivered within a couple weeks. Please give it until Friday. If it is not there by the end of day Friday, we will reship the order UPS and have you send the first package back when it arrives.

Garret
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I highly recommend for those who would like your items in your hands in reasonable time frame to ask for a shipper OTHER THAN USPS!

Why?

The WORSE?

The USPS supervisor at my Local Hub that service my community could not bring up my tracking on his computer!

Yet, when I showed him that my "Smart Phone" using GOOGLE can and I showed him he still doubted me and my Phone and rushed to his and sure enough he came back with the Lame thing that he just could not understand why, where, or how this package has not arrived but, that it is not in his facility.

THAT's IT!
Last edited by PittSpecial; Feb 03, 2021 at 03:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 24, 2021, 01:22 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
It still shows Delayed and nothing to show for it!

I am glad Garret from Altitude Hobbies has issued a refund.

Unbelievable!

Quick Reply