Jan 28, 2021, 05:31 AM
Just Toss It !!!
Thread OP
Build Log

2021 PSS Group Build - FW190-D - Signup Thread

It is time to start taking orders for the 2021 PSS Fest Group Build Project …..

Focke-Wulf FW190-D.

About the model:
This FW190-D is about the same size as the usual PSS we put out every year, if you don’t count the slightly longer wingspan of 48" ( they are usually in the 46” range).
The fiberglass fuselage is a re-work of a much earlier model and now has a canopy hatch and deck like most of the new planes we've done before.
To round it out, TFLG completely redid the cowl and spinner too when he tore into the old plug!
Yours truly was charged with producing the mold and will be laying up most of the fuselages and all of the wood kits.
The standard wings have a foam core and are sheeted with blasa skins and have basswood leading edges and balsa trailing edges.
As usual we are supplying a Short Kit consisting of a fuse, hatch, wing cores (HD series foil) and plans.
You can also get a Wood Kit which saves you a trip to you LHS for the balsa and the elbow grease of shaping basswood leading edges and sanding trailing edges.

The cost for the both kits are listed below. They cost slightly more than the last build, mostly due to the increase price of materials (balsa prices have gone up 50%!).

Prices:
Short kit, (fuselage, wing cores, plans) Price $185
Wood Kit ( CNC LEs, CNC TEs, balsa wing sheeting and precut Stab): Price $90
Full Kit ( Short kit + Wood kit) : $275

Individual Parts
CNC machined Basswood Leading Edge only $40
CNC Machined BalsaTrailing Edge only $25

We are hearing more and more people opting for the Full Kit when they hear how quickly and neatly all the part go together. But to get you the Wood Kit we need you to sign up ASAP…..You never know when the balsa shortage we suffered last year will strike again.

To place your order .....and be part of the cool group :
1. Figure out what you need and do the math.
2. Go to PayPal and initiate the payment to [email protected]
3. Before pressing “Send” ..... enter in the “Notes” field the following:
  1. Your Real name.
  2. Your RCG name.
  3. Your order list ( hopefully it matches the $ you are sending!)
  4. Your shipping address ( if you need the stuff shipped to you)
  5. Your email address ( especially if it is other than the PayPal email you are using)
4. Mark your payment “Gift” or “For Friends and Family” so we don't get dinged for the $10 PayPal fee.
5. Press “SEND”.

It ‘s not a bad idea to also post a reply in this thread to alert us that you have paid up…. It helps us double check your order ….and it might encourage your friends to sign up to, if they haven’t already.
TFLG posted a list of potential participants in the previous thread. That was the signup list.
This here thread, is a pay up thread …. the one that gives you hope that you will have a beautiful kit soon!
I will list the paid participant in the next post below . As before, the names are not in any particular order.
We usually give priority to the guys that can get planes built and done for the Fest ...... and among them those who can pick up their kits on the build day will be the first to receive their kits
We’re not anticipating as many people joining this build compared to last year but please join in and pay early if you want in.
Ordering the materials is not what it used to be. What we order arrives much later than it used to and prices are going up fast.

If you don’t see your name in the next post it means we either haven’t received your payment or I’ve been in a coma! Either way, drop me an email at [email protected].

And please note : THERE IS NO “SIGN UP LIST” THIS YEAR …. ONLY A “PAID UP LIST”.
You will be on the list only if you have paid.

TFLG has scheduled the first build day for February 27th at the Cave Of Wonders.
The cave is at
16802 Eagle Peak Rd
Riverside 92504

And here are the FW190-D plans:
Last edited by MATIN; Feb 28, 2021 at 01:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 28, 2021, 05:32 AM
Just Toss It !!!
Thread OP
Paid-up List:

1) TFLG
2) MATIN
3) joemach1
4) howsthewind
5) toro
6) Brokengranite
7) rockbus
8) TRISME
9) Ryanenc98
10) DucPilot
11) ek123
12) Doug Cronkhite
13) BillDelHagen
14) Imills
15) Juan Verde
16) mfgcreative
17) Surflvr911sc
18) tomleach
19) Haoyang Wang
20) Schwemmer
21) cb4004
22) Hoffman
23) FlyingMonkey5000
24) Carlski
25) MSwany
26) bluefork
27)PDX Slope Pilot
28) JonDublya
29) Three-Wire
30) h7charlie
Last edited by MATIN; Apr 13, 2021 at 07:44 PM.
Jan 28, 2021, 05:36 AM
Just Toss It !!!
Thread OP
Reserved
Jan 28, 2021, 07:06 AM
Old Master, New Grasshopper
Done !
Latest blog entry: Pics
Jan 28, 2021, 10:19 AM
Hold my beer and watch this
Paid! Thanks Matin
Jan 28, 2021, 10:39 AM
Paypal Sent for a Full Kit.
Jan 28, 2021, 10:59 AM
It's not going to build itself
PP sent for a short kit.
Thanks,
Tom
Jan 28, 2021, 11:09 AM
That friggin Laird Guy
Yippee, I'm off the hook this year as far as tracking, accounting etc. And Matin aint kidding about the wood. I went searching for some last week in order to get the prototype kit done. Balsa wood is rarer than bigfoot these days. I drove to several shops and only found a few scraps. I finally ordered it online and the prices was way more than I paid for my previous order. And here's the sucky thing about ordering wood. I ordered 12 pieces of trailing edge stock. I always weight them so I can pair them up by weight per plane. the lightest piece was .9oz (useless too flimsy) the heaviest was 4.1 oz (also useless those will just flutter). Most of the others were right around 2 oz (perfect). Out if the 12 pieces 4 were useless to me. so 33% of my order was basically scrap. And dont get me started about how bowed they were....

Lets schedule the first build day for Feb 27th at the Cave of Wonders. Locals can pick their kits up that day too, as long as Matin has them finished. That's a month away so he should have 2 or 3 done by then
Last edited by TFLG; Feb 07, 2021 at 07:36 PM.
Jan 28, 2021, 11:28 AM
Big Air
PayPal sent for Full Kit. Can pick up locally or from matin
Jan 28, 2021, 12:19 PM
DucPilot

Paid.

PP sent for a short kit.
I won't be able to attend build party or fest, willing to wait.
Would just like the kit.
Thank You,
Don
Jan 28, 2021, 12:34 PM
PayPal sent for short kit + wing leading edges. Now to crawl back under the rock...
Jan 28, 2021, 01:34 PM
UAV Test Pilot
PayPal sent. Full kit.
Jan 28, 2021, 01:52 PM

FW 190 Order

Sent $275 for full kit today.
Bill
Jan 28, 2021, 03:25 PM
payment sent for full kit
Jan 28, 2021, 05:53 PM
Order placed full kit paid thank you

Quick Reply