H-King (PNF) Chance Vought F4U Corsair 750mm (30") w/6 Axis ORX Flight Stabilizer

It has the power to do all the maneuvers required for a World War II fighter and looks fantastic in the air. The stabilization system makes it very smooth and easy to fly and its small size is perfect for flying in local parks, large indoor areas, or the local flying patch.

Splash

Chance Vought F4U Corsair 750mm

This H-King version of the classic F4U Corsair warbird is manufactured in a superbly finished EPO foam in an authentic navy color scheme with all the decals pre-applied. The Corsair is a very stable flyer in its own right, for most pilots, the gyro is not necessary. However, for beginners and low hours pilots, a 6 axis ORX flight stabilization system is supplied which makes it even easier to fly. The stabilization system utilizes a 32bit MCU and a 6-axis digital gyro for ultra-fast control response, it can be switched from beginner to expert mode as your experience grows.

H-King (PNF) Chance Vought F4U Corsair 750mm (30") w/6-Axis ORX Flight Stabilizer - Flight Review (18 min 17 sec)

The F4U Corsair first saw service in World War ll and then the Korean war. It was designed as a carrier-based aircraft and entered service with the US Navy in 1944, it was also the first American fighter to exceed 400mph. The H-King F4U Corsair depicts "White 29", the mount flown by Lt Cmdr Ira C Kepford of fighter squadron VF-17 the "Jolly Rogers". It carries the famous Jolly Rogers skull and crossbones nose art as well as Kepfords 16 Rising Sun victory markings.

There is little to build with the H-King F4U Corsair. It comes 97% pre-built with the motor, ESC and servos pre-installed. All you need to do is fit the main wing, tail assembly, and plug in the main landing gear. You will also need your own transmitter, receiver, and flight battery.

Features:

• Authentic scale detail
  • Plug-N-Fly
  • Outstanding flight characteristics
  • Supplied with an ORX flight stabilizer with 2 different flight modes (Beginner and Expert)
  • Efficient 3 blade propeller
  • High torque brushless motor
  • Complete high-quality hardware package

Specs:

• Wing Span: 750mm (30)
  • Length: 610mm (24)
  • Weight: 420g
  • Power to Weight Ratio: 1:1
  • Motor: 2408-1200KV brushless
  • ESC: 20A brushless
  • Gyro: Intelligent 6-axis with 2 flight modes (beginner-expert)
  • Servo: 9g x 4

Learn More

Head over to the HobbyKing site for more info and pricing!

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Jan 27, 2021 at 12:32 PM..
Jan 28, 2021, 10:31 AM
Just ordered one but, as is typical, I'm not seeing replacement props. The HK website (nor this article) provides prop info. Looks like it's a 6" but can't be sure.
Jan 28, 2021, 01:25 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
I am looking to get this one too but I noticed that they won't have spare parts for a few months... actually, they say 'should' be...

Spares: Spares for this model should be available late spring 2021.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter honey
Just ordered one but, as is typical, I'm not seeing replacement props. The HK website (nor this article) provides prop info. Looks like it's a 6" but can't be sure.
Jan 28, 2021, 01:37 PM
That is probably HK verbiage for, “we’re never going to have spare parts available but just so you don’t get frustrated we say ‘should’’l
Last edited by spit n pitts; Jan 28, 2021 at 02:15 PM.
Jan 28, 2021, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy
I am looking to get this one too but I noticed that they won't have spare parts for a few months... actually, they say 'should' be...

Spares: Spares for this model should be available late spring 2021.
Oh yeah--I have no expectation they'll have spares in my lifetime. I just want to know what similar prop I need to get to have a replacement on hand.
Jan 28, 2021, 03:28 PM
You can get spare props from rc castle or General hobbies in the states
The hurricane props are the same as the Corsair
Jan 28, 2021, 03:36 PM
Banana Hobby also carries parts
Jan 28, 2021, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmyers
Banana Hobby also carries parts
Thanks!

Makes me wonder if HK will reboot the TopRC T-34. THAT's the model I really want from that line. All I want is a model of a plane I've actually flown.
Jan 28, 2021, 05:16 PM
I think rc castle has that available
Jan 28, 2021, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spit n pitts
I think rc castle has that available
Yes, but it's blue, not the red/orange and white, and with shipping it'll cost more than HK. HK comes with gyro and would hopefully ship from USA (much quicker). The one time I used RC Castle it took so long that when the plane arrived I had forgotten I'd ordered it.

Then again, I do engage in a fair amount of drunk RC airplane shopping...
Jan 28, 2021, 06:00 PM
HobbyKing
Guys spars are coming, props especially. We KNOW you have been let down in the past in this area and actually the Corsair should be the last release you'll see with parts not immediately available .

Prop is an 8x6 3 blade I believe so a 9x5 etc 2 blade should be a good stop gap.

Stuart.
Jan 28, 2021, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Warne
Guys spars are coming, props especially. We KNOW you have been let down in the past in this area and actually the Corsair should be the last release you'll see with parts not immediately available .

Prop is an 8x6 3 blade I believe so a 9x5 etc 2 blade should be a good stop gap.

Stuart.
Thank you, Stuart. I genuinely appreciate the feedback. I'll make a point to keep my eye on it.

But while I've got you...

Any chance we'll see the T-34 grace the HK webpages? I mean, it IS a trainer, so it'd seem like it's perfect for something with the ORX stabilizer. And you said "the last release with parts not immediately available." Is that in general or pertaining to this line?
Jan 29, 2021, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Warne

Stuart.
Good info, thanks Stuart. FWIW I've used an 8x6 2 blade on the Skyraider with both 2s and 3s as well (some data here for anyone interested).

General question on these props: Tip colors and decals aside, are the individual blades actually all the same between models and it's just a question of what hub they attach to? Just wondering if getting spares from a different model would be an option if one particular one is not available at a given point in time?
Jan 29, 2021, 09:48 AM
This may be a silly question, but I fly with a Spektrum DX9 tx. I would probably get a Spektrum AR620 rx. Would that be compatible and work with the ORX Flight Stabilizer? Or would I have to remove the ORX and fly without the gyro stabilization?

Thanks,
Tom
Jan 29, 2021, 10:07 AM
Yes, that should work fine. The device in the plane is a stabilizer only, it takes the signals from your RX of choice and feeds them out to the servos with stabilization as needed.

Edit: The hookup might be a little different than you're used to in that the connections to the RX are a single wire per channel only rather than a three-wire connector. Just plug each into the appropriate channel signal pin on your receiver.

Quick Reply