Jun 11, 2005, 11:37 AM
GeorgeZilla
Thread OP
Yippee!

Red, White and Blue F18

Hi folks,

HELP!! I overcharged my battery and now it has swollen by 1/2 its size. Can I still use it?

SPECS: Dimensions - as per 3D Foamy plans
Motor - GWS 350C, 5:33:1 gearing
EZ-Sky aileron micro servos
Elevator servo - HITEC HS60
Airtronics VG400 transmitter/Reciever
KOKAM LiPo 11.1 volt, 1500mah battery
Material - WalMart 5mm, Blue Sturdyboard
3D Foamy Jet kit...carbon spars etc
Canopy - 3D Foamy
Hinges - DuBro barbs (excellent!!)
Prop - GWS 8X6

GeorgeZilla
Last edited by GeorgeZilla; Jun 12, 2005 at 04:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2005, 11:59 AM
Living a Dream
Stay cool!

Donīt do much movements on the sticks!

Let her fly!

:-) Hans-Joachim

Full throttle Launch straight!
Jun 11, 2005, 12:05 PM
GeorgeZilla
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Joachim
Stay cool!

Let her fly!

Full throttle Launch straight!

Thanks Hans!!
Jun 11, 2005, 12:10 PM
Park Jet Guru
First of all, I'd recommend shimming that motor to remove the up thrust angle--that will lead to all sorts of problems trimming this airplane since it will cause thrust-induced pitch changes. This model needs NO up thrust or down thrust for best results.

That said, you'll find that when set up per the plans (CG, weight, and control deflections) this model is surprisingly sedate during launch. The most important thing to remember is to launch at HALF throttle so that it doesn't torque roll at launch. Throw the model firmly and smoothly at a slight nose up angle (maybe 20 degrees up) and it should fly off smoothly in a gentle climb. If you throw it hard enough it won't drop at all after launch. Bring the throttle up to full soon after launch, get it up to altitude, and then trim it out.

Good luck!

Steve
Jun 11, 2005, 12:18 PM
GeorgeZilla
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset44
First of all, I'd recommend shimming that motor to remove the up thrust angle--that will lead to all sorts of problems trimming this airplane since it will cause thrust-induced pitch changes. This model needs NO up thrust or down thrust for best results.

That said, you'll find that when set up per the plans (CG, weight, and control deflections) this model is surprisingly sedate during launch. The most important thing to remember is to launch at HALF throttle so that it doesn't torque roll at launch. Throw the model firmly and smoothly at a slight nose up angle (maybe 20 degrees up) and it should fly off smoothly in a gentle climb. If you throw it hard enough it won't drop at all after launch. Bring the throttle up to full soon after launch, get it up to altitude, and then trim it out.

Good luck!

Steve
Thanks for the advice Steve. I'll shim the motor. Flight time - T minus 3hrs, 30 minutes, 10 sec and counting
Jun 11, 2005, 01:19 PM
Living a Dream
LOL, I think, now you know the same as before you have asked!

Let us know what youīve done and what happend!

Greetings and Happy Flying
Hans-Joachim
Jun 12, 2005, 01:43 PM
GeorgeZilla
Thread OP
[QUOTE=Hans-Joachim]Stay cool!

Let her fly!

Full throttle Launch straight![/QUOTE
Hans,

Took her out to the field just now. Found that my battery needed about another 45min on the charger. The wing is at 4mph from SSE. The plane wants to roll left while facing the wind at static, no power applied. Bad sign? I'm gonna launch her anyway!

Quick Reply