This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 23, 2021, 06:24 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

UMX TT Signal loss

UMX TT signal loss (5 min 22 sec)

Re routing the antenna helped some ! But not enough !

So I have punched more holes in the TT and this time routed the antenna out the bottom of the fuse , maybe 1mm .

Range checking was good , at least double what I got before .

Butt ! @nd its a huge Bee Hive ! This antenna definitely seem to have a dead zone .. And that appears to be when it is directly pointed at the Tx .
Thats why I have it sticking vertically down .. Which does not eliminate the possibility of the dead zone ..

Last time , the prop did come lose ! Hence the funny sounding motor run .
That small cheap nasty self tapping screw seems to have stripped out the prop shaft .
So I had to replace it with a hex head screw . More butchery of the foam spinner , required .

Do I have to mod the antenna ?
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply