Jan 23, 2021, 05:00 AM
Essential RC YouTube channel
Thread OP
Video

FMS Roc Hobby Katana

Perfect size for some crawling over a temporary course in the backyard or even indoors. My buddy Carl gave his a go in a flower bed in the back yard while is missus wasn't watching  

OFF-ROAD and MUDDY RC !!! FMS / ROC Hobby KATANA RTR Scale Crawler | BACKYARD OBSTACLE COURSE TEST (7 min 53 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jan 31, 2021, 07:18 PM
Vienna calling...
RocHobby Katana 1/18 LC80: Noise Down + Performance Up! (12 min 12 sec)
Feb 19, 2021, 09:16 AM

ROC Hobby Katana - unboxing and detailed look

I finally got my Katana! Pre-ordered it on the 01 September and first it was delayed due to high demand (strange since I pre-ordered or maybe some customers get priority over others?) and then it spent months trying to get through customs out of China! Somehow people who ordered them months later received their Katana before I did. Anyway, here is my unboxing and close-up look:

ROC Hobby Katana 1:18 Scale RTR RC Mini Crawler (Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series Hard Body) - Unboxing (22 min 27 sec)
Mar 25, 2021, 04:32 AM
If you are thinking about buying the ROC Hobby Katana then I'm sure you will want to know if this mini-crawler performs as well as it looks. Well, BlackSeaRC has subjected this truck to a series of tests to find out. Please see the video below for functional testing, performance testing and an assessment of the good/bad points of this new crawler. I also compare the Katana with one of my other 1:18 scale crawlers, the Partner Racing QX-4.

ROC Hobby Katana 1:18 Scale RTR RC Crawler - Functional / Performance Testing, Assessment & Verdict (27 min 46 sec)
Mar 28, 2021, 10:50 AM
Vienna calling...
Hi,
new colour:

Walter
Apr 05, 2021, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe
Hi,
new colour:

Walter
This version is interesting as it now seems to come with Toyota badges on the front and rear. Does that mean it is now officially licensed? Also, is this really based on the Katana as it says or is it actually based on the Patriot? See the motor and suspension link configuration in the underside picture.
Apr 08, 2021, 09:02 AM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSeaRC
This version is interesting as it now seems to come with Toyota badges on the front and rear. Does that mean it is now officially licensed? Also, is this really based on the Katana as it says or is it actually based on the Patriot? See the motor and suspension link configuration in the underside picture.
I really do not know - there seem to be more versions now.

Also very strange:
I bought the EazyRC as Patrio_n_ - then I saw a video sometime ago by FMS (Atlas 6x6) which showed the Patrion as Patrio_t_.
Now quite a couple of big Youtubers got Patrio_t_s - several new videos. Do not see any difference between Patriot and Patrion than the t/n.

And FMS and RocHobby seem to be the same company.
Some places sell the Atlas 6x6 as RocHobby, others as FMS.

And now there seems to be a new 1/12 Willys Jeep (video) by FMS / RocHobby.

So the Katana is by RocHobby, the Patrion is by EazyRC, the Patriot is by EazyRC/FMS and FMS is RocHobby...

Lot of questions

Walter
Apr 13, 2021, 12:35 PM
Yes, the whole product range is rather confusing. Here is a link to the new 1/12 scale Willys Jeep.

https://www.asiatees.com/display?ROC...d=188706&pid=1
Apr 15, 2021, 04:09 AM
Vienna calling...
Hi,
shock test:

RocHobby Katana, EazyRC Patrion / Patriot, FMS Toyota LC80 1:18: Upgrade Shocks (1 hr 18 min 53 sec)

EazyRC Patrion / Patriot: Oil filled shocks mod (13 min 39 sec)

Walter

Quick Reply