Jan 22, 2021, 07:42 AM
Thread OP
Help!

how to configure well SoftSerial of F4 flight controller?

Hi, Guys!

I use a JHEMCU F4 flight controller, which is similar than BF Omnibus F4SD flight controller. I used Serial RX (UART1), I2C MAG (UART3) and GPS (UART6).

I'd lke to connect onto FC an external Bluetooth module, but there is no free UART port... I read in Forums, that there is possibility to configure MOTOR 5 and MOTOR 6 outputs as TX-RX of a SoftSerial port.

I did following steps:

Betaflight: Configuration/SoftSerial enabled

reboot

CLI

resource MOTOR 5 none
resource MOTOR 6 none
resource SONAR_TRIGGER none
resource SONAR_ECHO none
resource SERIAL_TX 11 A01
resource SERIAL_RX 12 A08

feature GPS

save

I checked inside CLI resource and feature, I attached snapshots: there are alive SERIAL 12 RX and SERIAL 11 TX. I soldered wires to S5/S6/+5V/GND ports, I disassembled GPS from UART6 (where it was wirking), and I connecred to SoftSerial (1 or 2???).

The GPS is working in new port (
gps is working (0 min 15 sec)
), but the BF Configurator can't identify it...

Have You got any idea, what does block working of SoftSerial port?

Thks: rcph
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2021, 09:45 AM
Thread OP
SOLVED !!!! Hooray! I saw video of KeremerFPV, I noticed, He used Serial 11 TX and 11 RX...

I used 11 RX and 12 (!!!) TX! OOoh.

This is the final solution:

CLI

resource MOTOR 5 none
resource MOTOR 6 none
resource SONAR_TRIGGER 1 none
resource SONAR_ECHO 1 none
resource SERIAL_TX 11 A01
resource SERIAL_RX 11 A08

feature GPS

save

Quick Reply