HobbyKing Firefox C129 4ch Flybarless Micro RC Helicopter

This palm-sized micro helicopter is packed full of features to help make it fun and relatively easy to fly.

Splash

Ready to Fly Micro Heli for $49!!

This palm-sized micro helicopter is packed full of features to help make it fun and relatively easy to fly. The flybarless system coupled with the 6-axis gyro stabilization unit gives it a stability not seen in many helicopters of this size before. The included 2.4GHz transmitter gives you full control of the helicopter. It allows you to climb or descend, fly backward and forwards, fly left and right, and rotate left and right. You can also select whether you wish to fly Mode 1 or Mode 2, and also there is a switch to increase or decrease the amount of rudder authority.

One of the features which will help beginners immensely is an auto take-off and landing button, a single press of the one-key button will make the helicopter take-off to an altitude of about 1.5 meters, press the same button again and it will safely land. Then there is the "Altitude Hold", this is controlled via a barometric sensor, the helicopter will hold any height you set and will stay there when the throttle stick is set at neutral. To move to a new altitude simply move the throttle stick up or down until you reach the altitude you want, return the stick to neutral and it will stay there until you move the throttle stick again. An emergency stop function is also supplied, press, and hold the altitude button for 3 seconds and this will stop the motor instantly.

Being flybarless reduces the risk of damage to the helicopter in the event of a crash and also increases the flight time due to less drag. The included 300mAh 25C 1 cell modular battery is quick and easy to install and gives the Firefox an amazing duration of up to 15 minutes. This modular battery is charged using the supplied USB charger, this provides a fast and stable charge process. The Firefox is manufactured using high-performance components and materials which provide strength, are impact-resistant, and made to last.

Features:

• Fitted with a 6-axis gyro and flybarless system for the ultimate in stabilization
  • Includes a switchable 2.4GHz Mode 1/Mode 2 transmitter
  • Uses a barometric sensor for altitude hold
  • Auto take-off and land function
  • Flight times of up to 15 minutes
  • Manufactured in crash-resistant materials
  • Emergency stop function

Specs:

• Type: Firefox C129 RTF 4ch Flybarless Micro Helicopter
  • Frequency: 2.4GHz
  • No of Channels: 4
  • Transmitter Range: 80~100 meters
  • Transmitter Modes: Mode 1 (right-hand throttle)/Mode 2 (left-hand throttle) switchable
  • Motors: Brushed
  • Battery: 3.7V 300mAh LiPo
  • Charging Time: 60 minutes
  • Flight Duration: Up to 15 minutes
  • Body Length: 267mm
  • Body Height: 80mm
  • Rotor Diameter: 248mm
  • Color: Orange
  • Weight: 50g

Included:

• Firefox C129 RTF 4ch Flybarless Micro Helicopter w/6-Axis Gyro
  • 4ch mode switchable 2.4GHz transmitter
  • 3.7V 300mAh LiPo battery
  • USB charging cable
  • Spare set of rotor blades
  • Spare tail rotor blade
  • Spare set of linkage rods
  • Hex wrench
  • Instruction manual

Required:

• 4 x 1.5V "AA" batteries

Check out the HobbyKing Firefox Micro RC Helicopter Here

Jan 21, 2021, 02:24 PM
I have one of these and love it. It flies a little more like a quadcopter than a "real" heli in my experience, and the throttle control (throttle stick centers) takes a bit to get used to - but overall has been fun to play with. The onboard gyro is also very nice and responsive. I guess that's part of why it reminds me so much of a quad, the gyro is pretty sensitive and the heli just feels so stable in the air. It isn't like flying a "real" helicopter that's touchy and responsive.

The auto take off function is pretty cool too.

I think HK still has them for around $50, a bargain. I remember some of the earlier micro heli's from back in the day were crazy expensive.
Jan 21, 2021, 04:58 PM
Fixed pitch I take it?

Would be cool if it had collective pitch.
Jan 22, 2021, 08:00 PM

Eachine E129 Rebadged

Seems to be exactly the same as the Eachine E129, just rebadged with different livery.

Nice flying heli, mostly very stable, good for beginners because of the altitude hold. If you are a traditionalist you might find the altitude hold a bit of a culture shock. The transmitter that can be very easily switched between Mode 1 and Mode 2 is a particularly good feature, especially since so many others are available in Mode 2 only.
Jan 23, 2021, 01:53 PM
Agree with most posts above. I have been flying RC helis since the mid-seventies and this little guy is impressive! It is simple fixed pitch and the automatic features are unique to this size heli. For the times you can't get the bigger helis to the field you can keep your flying muscle memory up to date as it easily flys in a living room or the front yard, even in a gentle breeze.

Cyclic response is soft but accurate and tail has a large deadband in standard mode but quicker in higher rate (you use the throttle trim switch to activate, one beep up for softer expo, one beep down for quicker). And it truly does fly 12-15 minutes on a charge. and comes down barely warm on LiPo and motors. This critter is well thought out and engineered.

To those wanting collective pitch, don't muck up this little guy. It is beautifully designed for a purpose. If you want collective there are equally performing little helis at three to five times the cost. I have the latest version of the Align 150 and in safe mode performs very much like this machine but is a beast in 3D mode!

Hobby King has done a great job bringing in the Firefox at a price point well below everyone I see listed. Be sure to order extra batteries, you will want them!

Quick Reply