Jun 10, 2005, 01:09 AM
Thread OP

Logo 10 Setup, Post Corona

Hi,

I should be getting my Corona shortly but wanted to look at the next bird after the Corona which I think will be the Logo 10.

How does this setup look:

Orbit Motor 20-10
21 Tooth Pinion Gear
Kontronic Jazz 80-16-18 Speed Controller
Futaba GY401/S9254 (Gyro/Tail Servo)
JR331 Servos
3300 NiMh 12 Cell Flight Packs
MS 7 Channel Receiver (Also have a Hyperion DSP6FS)

As this will be my CP learning bird don't think LiPoly at this stage, but also wanted to ask which blades to start off with.

Thanks,

Nick
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2005, 01:27 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
Save for Lipos and better Servos. What you have will work but why skimp when you get that far?
Jun 10, 2005, 01:48 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Bronk
Save for Lipos and better Servos. What you have will work but why skimp when you get that far?
Hi Fred, so you would recommend getting Lipos even at the begining when transitioning from the Corona to the Logo?

Also on the servo front, am guessing the tail servo is fine, what would you advise for the cyclic etc.?

Also been offered:

Kontronik 600-17 and Jazz 55-6-18
15T Pinion
Futaba GY401/S9254 (Gyro/Tail Servo)
3x HS-85MG

Not sure which is a better motor/esc setup for initial stuff, and FFF.
Jun 10, 2005, 09:03 AM
Learning machine or not, it is too big and too expensive to repair to not go as high end as you can.

Fred, isn't you who said "buy a heli part cheap, buy the same part twice plus a lot of other stuff" ? (actually i am paraphrasing here to make a point)

Imo, you should be looking at digital servos and certainly not Hitec.

I ran my L10 with 12x3300's for quite a while then went to lipo, but I set the machine up with the best stuff you could get; it paid off in a very stable, precise machine that was much easier to learn on.

Dont even begin to let your Corona experience color your perception of what it will take to maintain and repair a Logo10.
Jun 10, 2005, 04:48 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasllc
Learning machine or not, it is too big and too expensive to repair to not go as high end as you can.

Fred, isn't you who said "buy a heli part cheap, buy the same part twice plus a lot of other stuff" ? (actually i am paraphrasing here to make a point)

Imo, you should be looking at digital servos and certainly not Hitec.

I ran my L10 with 12x3300's for quite a while then went to lipo, but I set the machine up with the best stuff you could get; it paid off in a very stable, precise machine that was much easier to learn on.

Dont even begin to let your Corona experience color your perception of what it will take to maintain and repair a Logo10.
Hmm okay, I think I will start with the Corona and save a bit more for the Logo later on!

Thanks
Jun 10, 2005, 06:29 PM
Corona is a wonderful way to start in helicopters: easy to learn, cheap to fix, virtually industructable; it is just great. I probably put 50 or 60 hours on mine before I got the bigger machine urge. I would have kept it if I did not need its equity to fund the Logo.

You have to watch out for the amount of money you cn put into the corona nowdays;incredible upgrades.
You have to be careful that the corona does not give you a warped view of the helicopter hobby. It is so not the typical machine.

If you are going to the Logo then you need to visit

http://www.logoheli.com/

You probably have, but if you have not it is THE Logo site. Lots of good info.
Jun 11, 2005, 12:50 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
The 600-17 is a nice motor and I have it in mine

I also have JR DS368, but am not impressed for the price.

I use Hitecs in almost all my stuff, they are great servos. Hitec does not have listed Servo for the Logo right now, but stay tuned

Buy Right, Buy Once
Jun 11, 2005, 04:19 AM
y_g
y_g
I am running my Logo 10 on NiMH 3300, it makes more sense to me financially. I have 5 packs at a total price of 300$ which yield a total flying time of around 45 minutes, no worries.
A similar flight time maintained by Lipos would require 2 packs of 4s3p at least, which would run around 450$ (minimum) and add the risk of lipos (+ require a charger that can charge 6-8A on lipo batteries for the charging not to become annoying).

I would start with NiMH, wooden blades and a motor good for duration like the Hacker b/c 50 15 or one of the megas, Like my friend Oded is flying ( I keep forgetting the number...)

I wouldn't bling up the heli in the beginning. This machine is very well built and flies great stock.

Don't hold on too long....the Logo experience is so different than the Corona, it would be lkie driving a mercedes after riding a moped...

Yariv

Yariv

Quick Reply