Jan 19, 2021, 09:50 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

recomendation for fpv in edf or prop

hi guys
I have been using a runcam 2 for just recorded flight,i want to move up to FPV now, could anyone put me in the right direction to get started,tx,battery required,ant,headtracking mount or should i just go with fixed mount for starting out, the runcam 2 i have has its own battery for the cam itself not for tx
I would like to do just one setup for one aircraft
thnx jack

edf jets i have: Eflight 64mm f-16
freewing Rebel 70mm
freewing FA-18 super hornet 64mm
Props:
Eflight Air Tractor
Last edited by jacksctt; Jan 19, 2021 at 10:14 AM. Reason: added pic
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2021, 02:03 PM
the best tx, rx, goggles are the "DJI digital FPV system" which leaves a pretty big gap in overall quality between it and standard analog FPV.
the best cheap tx, rx, goggles are up for debate. Personally I like the Lumenier Lux lineup paired to pagoda antennas.

For battery just use the stock battery. If you want to get fancy you can use 18650 cells for longer flight times but decreased "punch". Strix Power Stix and Zohd Lionpack are the two competitors for 18650 packs.

for receiver antennas I think the "Triple Feed" lineup is the best. The Triple Feed Array is what I use but I would say that antenna is more for experienced pilots than noobs. Triple Feed Patch is more up your alley.

antenna tracking: fogettaboutit not worth the hassle in my opinion

head trackers are fun and underappreciated. Probably not a way to go for noobs but worth a look down the road.

fixed camera vs pan/tilt: neither. do pan only because it helps a lot to be able to look left and right and only a little to look up and down. PDI-9180MG servo the servo of choice in my opinion.

Runcam use internal battery: no, either y-splitter power off your main battery to the Runcam or simply use the Runcam as your main.

airplane: use the most docile airplane in your hanger probably the Air Tractor.
Jan 19, 2021, 02:09 PM
Thread OP
thank you kuiper J
Jan 20, 2021, 03:14 PM
fly by night
def start out with a KISS approach. No headtracking, just a fixed camera. Kuiper is right on all counts

You can get started with usable short range FPV analog system for a hundred dollars or so including goggles and AIO camera + vtx, run off your main pack or BEC. There will still be little niggly thing, like antennas, voltage reg and noise attentuation to dealwith (or not). Image won't great and range will be under 1km but might be worth it for 'trying it out' - we all used equipment on par with that 8 years ago. But then as Kuiper says, the DJI FPV system is totally worth it if you remain committed to flying FPV

Quick Reply