Delta Models G-Blink Wooden Slope Kit

With cold rainy days ahead you might be looking for something to put on the build table. The G-Blink could be just the thing to take your mind off of the poor conditions and let you have some fun building a new plane.

Splash

Easy Affordable Winter Project

With cold rainy days ahead you might be looking for something to put on the build table. The G-Blink could be just the thing to take your mind off of the poor conditions and let you have some fun building a new plane. This is a wooden delta shaped RC glider model that has a wingspan of 600mm. It uses laser cut parts that interlock for a quick easy build. It's designed to fit two 7.5 or 9g servos. You'll also need to provide your own receiver, battery and covering material. It looks like it will be a fun plane to fly. Delta Models is currently taking pre-orders on the G-Blink with orders expected to ship within 12-14 days after the order. It's listed at £39.99.

Features:

• Interlocking laser cut construction
  • Dowel Leading edge to minimize sanding
  • All high quality laser cut parts from selected materials
  • Quick build
  • Minimal Sanding
  • 600mm wingspan
  • Click here for manual download

What's in the box:

• All Precision laser cut parts
  • All other wood to complete the model
  • Snakes for pushrods

Recommended Equipment:

• 2 x 7.5g to 9g Servos
  • Small lightweight 4 or 6 channel Receiver
  • 4cell AAA Ni-Mh battery pack

Jan 19, 2021, 11:28 AM
There is a YouTube video available from John Woodfield

Delta Models BLINK Glider. Maiden flight. (2 min 30 sec)
Jan 19, 2021, 09:58 PM
Cute little thing.

https://deltamodels.co.uk/
Jan 21, 2021, 04:18 PM
Is there a powered one?
Jan 21, 2021, 05:05 PM
cranium accessories
Yep, the regular Blink has a motor mount on the front for a 2205 - 2208, 2400-2700kv motor. I just received my kit in the mail yesterday! Looking forward to getting started, but I'll have to build a workbench first haha.

https://deltamodels.co.uk/collection...-kit-pre-order
Jan 21, 2021, 10:58 PM
Just ordered the G-Blink this afternoon. Cool looking plane, couldn't resist! I plan on using clear monokote to show off that cool structure.
Last edited by bnsf; Jan 21, 2021 at 11:37 PM.
Jan 21, 2021, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustn
Yep, the regular Blink has a motor mount on the front for a 2205 - 2208, 2400-2700kv motor. I just received my kit in the mail yesterday! Looking forward to getting started, but I'll have to build a workbench first haha.

https://deltamodels.co.uk/collection...-kit-pre-order
What was the shipped price to your door?
Jan 22, 2021, 03:46 AM
cranium accessories
I paid about the same in postage as the price of the kit. $90 USD or so total.

Box was a little squished as you would expect for such a journey, but it was well-packed and the wood is is great shape. The balsa sheets are actually pretty small and it's mostly lite-ply. I didn't realize at first, but all the ribs/spars are laser cut lite-ply, not balsa. The firewall, hatch, and control horns are a more dense (birch?) ply. There was zero damage to any of the wood in the kit, and I think it's going to be a stout airframe. I'll put together a build thread in the next week or two and link it here, detailing my experience.
Last edited by dustn; Jan 22, 2021 at 03:58 AM.
Jan 22, 2021, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee
What was the shipped price to your door?
I paid $83 for mine.
Jan 22, 2021, 12:57 PM
There’s a nice article on the Blink in the December/January issue of R/C Model Aeroplane Magazine. This is a English publication available in the U.S. and Canada.
Jan 22, 2021, 01:00 PM
I like the Blink XL but they're sold out.
Jan 24, 2021, 10:51 AM
What's not to like...including a sane price.

Quick Reply