Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 09, 2005, 03:00 PM
Build it again, Sam!
Alert

Avro Lancaster - Very British, isn't it!!!

ok folks; as some of you may have already read, I was searching for a new challenge
and I found documents of something that made me taking a break on my P47 built projects!

Something huge, - driven by four engines!

Very impressive ...

A DAM - BUSTER - the Avro Lancaster!!

The raw sketches are finished until now and thefirst parts are already existing

Walk around! Take a look!

Time for pics, isn't it?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2005, 04:14 PM
Sussex, UK
IIRC there were plans for a depron Lanc in RCM&E a year or two ago, about 4' wing span - a club member built one and it looks (and sounds) great, even unpainted.

It wasn't heat-formed, just lots of short pieces with formers every couple of inches. I'm sure you'll do an even better job :-)
Jun 09, 2005, 04:28 PM
Me likes Depron...
Go for it, one of my favorite planes!!!
Jun 10, 2005, 09:44 AM
Build it again, Sam!
I think I'll do the fuse in two halfes as usual with an inner structure to carry the wings and the accu.

The wings will be made of depron too with a 5mm CFK tube as a stabilization

The back sevo ( for elevator) will be mounted under the MG position and conected with this so the gun turns when using the elevator!!!
Jun 10, 2005, 10:45 AM
Hello,

during WW II most of the Lancasters were used by night and therefor painted in black, which gives them a unique look.

http://www.paulnann.com/images/pn_w2179.jpg

Gernot
Last edited by Dr._Gernot; Jun 10, 2005 at 10:51 AM.
Jun 10, 2005, 11:13 AM
Build it again, Sam!
Mine will get the same scheme ( you defined a very dark green/ gray ( the color is called "night" in some color tables ) as black) as you will see! I'll do this one in the way of the " MIKEY THE MOOCHER"!

http://www.mg-sportcars.co.uk/XPOWER...ter%20Nose.jpg
Jun 10, 2005, 01:18 PM
If you do a search in scale forums for lancaster or my name you will see the depron lank I am building from the quiet flyer plans.

Almost ready to fly now, just have to paint the turrets and apply decals
Jun 10, 2005, 01:41 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
Simply Awsome Harpye send over those plans and i may try it myself .. 4 edp50 motors with 3x3 props
Jun 10, 2005, 05:30 PM
Doctor Gernow,as far as i know,all operational Lancasters were used in dark green/brown camoflage,despite the seemingly obvious suitability of black for night operations.I finished my Priory Lanc in black because i lacked the time to do a proper job;i took solace though on finding that Lancs were delivered from the factory in black,on squadron the proper camo and registration letters would be applied.Al.
Jun 10, 2005, 06:43 PM
This looks all great!!!

I have wanted to build the RCM&E S400 sized Lanc for a while now but as i have just started to work with depron, and i here there are plans out there for one i'm now really interested....

Where can i get a copy of the depron plans? 4' would be a good size....
Jun 12, 2005, 04:13 PM
Build it again, Sam!
Plans are still not ready! - I'm also working with a special technique using
a kind of tool for forming the fuse ( check out for Parkflyer.de and choose
"how to build with depron" for to understand how!!! )The only parts I finished are the two "gear - boxes", - and the plane never flew before - if you would like to build synchronously! - You would build on full risk!!!