Sep 24, 2005, 02:45 PM
Vertical Wake
Yes, the elevator was mixed in "down" about 10% when flaps were deployed. My old TS1 would "ballon" ( go nose-high) when flaps were deployed. Didn't have a computer TX back then to mix any elevator function. I thought I would be ahead of the game this time . Should have been smart and used flaps with NO elevator mix and saw where adjustments were needed.

Thanks for the advise,

confused about flap-elevator mixing
splat
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2005, 03:27 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatman
TT,
I think that this crash was:

1. Too much flap
2. COG a little to far forward.
3. Too much down elevator dialed in on the flaps.
Are you using flaperons (ailerons down, not recommended as stall characteristics suffer) or spoilerons (ailerons up)?

Spoilerons require down elevator.

Jürgen
Sep 24, 2005, 03:39 PM
I'm using flaperons to lower the speed. The stall speed with flaperons is noticeable lower. I found it good to use flaperons right before landing, and on take-off. However, yes. I've noticed that when it stalls, it's not as gentle as without flaperon.

Personally, I think the advantages of using flaperon is bigger than the disadvantages. I'm using a fotball field to fly at, and I need everything that can help to give lower landing speed.
Sep 24, 2005, 03:41 PM
Vertical Wake
I am using flaperons. I realize this isn't the best "flap" set-up (loss of aileron control), but this thing loves to float forever and i have a limited landing area.
Sep 25, 2005, 01:18 AM
sensitive artsy type
splat, glad to hear the damage was repairable, thanks for the report. tt
Sep 25, 2005, 03:41 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatman
I am using flaperons. I realize this isn't the best "flap" set-up (loss of aileron control), but this thing loves to float forever and i have a limited landing area.
If your landing area is limited - use spoilerons! I have to upload a video clip to show the difference in glide angle.

Jürgen
Sep 25, 2005, 04:01 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Plawner
Funny video
Hi Patrick,

If you want it for your TS II gallery - grab it while it is there.

I may need the space for some TS II spoilerons video.

Jürgen
Sep 25, 2005, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
Hi Patrick,

If you want it for your TS II gallery - grab it while it is there.

I may need the space for some TS II spoilerons video.

Jürgen

It is such a funny video, and the pilot is also good. I will definitively find space for it.

What is the setup for this TS II ?
Sep 25, 2005, 07:39 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
It is such a funny video, and the pilot is also good. I will definitively find space for it.

What is the setup for this TS II ?
Thanks for the compliments.

The model is completely stock, except 2s1p Kokam 3200 for power and Graupner precision spinners with Cam Speed 5.5x4.3"

Jürgen
Sep 25, 2005, 09:24 AM

What action is required to save a video such as this?

Quote:
It is such a funny video, and the pilot is also good. I will definitively find space for it.What is the setup for this TS II ?
I agree it's a 'keeper'.......... but HOW do we go about "saving" it on our computer (I see we have Jurgen's permission (thanks Jurgen)).

Jurgen, I fear that I'm asking too many questions, but that slow speed is beautiful............ is that the speed that WE can expect, or if the dog was not involved, would it safely go slower??

Thanks everybody,
LarryR
Sep 25, 2005, 10:19 AM
Thread OP
Well there was some crosswind the day we took that video, but I was almost going as slow as possible.

Jürgen
Sep 25, 2005, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
I agree it's a 'keeper'.......... but HOW do we go about "saving" it on our computer (I see we have Jurgen's permission (thanks Jurgen)).

Jurgen, I fear that I'm asking too many questions, but that slow speed is beautiful............ is that the speed that WE can expect, or if the dog was not involved, would it safely go slower??

Thanks everybody,
LarryR

If you want to save it localy, ask for the video to be shown on M Video player, then use "Save As".
That's it.
Sep 25, 2005, 01:35 PM
Vertical Wake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop
splat, glad to hear the damage was repairable, thanks for the report. tt

Thanks TT

Live and learn........might have to give Jurgen's spoilerons a try. This is a very tough plane. EPP has a new fan.
Sep 25, 2005, 01:37 PM
Vertical Wake
Hey Jurgen

How do spoilerons affect trim?
Sep 25, 2005, 01:48 PM
I was outside flying with my Twin Star II today. It really works great with wheels!
But, I have to get some new batteries as soon as possible. My old 7 cell 1400mAh "made in Mexico"-packs doesn't give enough performance, and they're heavy!
Want to get a LiPo, 2 or 3 cells and about 4000mAh.

And a video of the take-off:
Video

Quick Reply