Jun 21, 2007, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yucafrita
hello
after a lot of thinking i decided to purchase the twinstar 2 receiver ready at tower.
with a 20$ off cupon it was 114.99$ plus shipping....i initially planned to buy just the kit but with the cupon it was too tempting to get the rr version!
i will try it stock and if not happy i will upgrade to a cheap brushless set up
(2 eskkay's xt and 2 thunderbird 18's come to mind...or 2 bp-12"s)
one question,regarding the brushless setup, i understand that i will have to use a y cable to connect both esc to the receiver but what about power to the batteries?, each esc to one battery, (so i will have to use 2 packs? or i can use another y cable to power both esc with just one pack?
i have several 3s 2100 mh packs, it would be nice to be able to use them on the brushless set up.
any comments welcome
thanks and best regards
yucafrita
a friend gave me 2 brand multiplex 480 motors and i plan to use them on my new twinstar 2 for a cheap(free!) upgrade.
do i need to install the capacitors that come with the 480's to use them with the twinstar 2?.the 400 motors that come with the RR version dont have outside capacitor installed.i will use a berg micro stamp receiver on the twinstar 2.
my soldering skils are seriously lacking.....that's why i ask
please let me know
to remove ads between posts
Jun 21, 2007, 11:55 PM
Fuzzy Member
definetly put the caps on, I have never gotten much interferance in the air from motors, but on boats, it makes a huge differance. You can just solder them in when you solder the leads to the motor. It's nice to put caps from the leads to the case, but at a minimum, put some across the power leads.
Jun 22, 2007, 04:06 AM
Yes, use the capacitors.

As mentioned before, if the motors have been used in pusher (e.g. Twin Jet) it's advisable to break them in before using in a TS (where they will be rotating in the opposite direction). If they're brand new motors this isn't an issue as the brushes won't be bedded in yet.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Jun 22, 2007, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Yes, use the capacitors.

As mentioned before, if the motors have been used in pusher (e.g. Twin Jet) it's advisable to break them in before using in a TS (where they will be rotating in the opposite direction). If they're brand new motors this isn't an issue as the brushes won't be bedded in yet.
thanks guys, i will use the capacitors.
they are twinjet motors but new, never used so it should be fine.
thanks again
yucafrita
Jun 25, 2007, 08:28 PM
They call me Crash!

Deathstar!!

Wooo Hooo flew the Deathstar for the 1st time!!! Man what fun.....its stable and pretty pepie with the 400xt's...Still have to make minor adjustments!
Had a crash landing and stipped one of the screws that go in wing...you guys have a quick fix for this problem??.....goop?? hot glue?? I want to take the wing on and off ...so it can't be perminit

Thanks
Jun 30, 2007, 07:54 PM
uhhh....this thing on?
What are the screw size for securing the wing to the fuselage ?

And does anyone know if you can get these at Ace hardware or home depot ??

thanks
Jul 01, 2007, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking1231
What are the screw size for securing the wing to the fuselage ?

And does anyone know if you can get these at Ace hardware or home depot ??

thanks
They're M5 x 50, according to my instructions booklet Since they're metric, and plastic, I imagine a hobby store is the most likely place you'll find them.
Jul 01, 2007, 02:20 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by abenn
They're M5 x 50, according to my instructions booklet Since they're metric, and plastic, I imagine a hobby store is the most likely place you'll find them.
They are available as a MPX spare part (though you get the whole wing bracket as well).
Peter
Jul 01, 2007, 06:48 PM
uhhh....this thing on?
thanks...

I am going to check with a local boat store....they have assortements of nylon screws.
Jul 16, 2007, 03:04 PM
Anyone know where I can get some Coast Gaurd decals for my Twinstar?
Jul 16, 2007, 04:04 PM

"twotter" twinstar II

i've been flying this twinstar in naked form (all white) until i got it trimmed and got experience flying it. just finished dressing it up today. for those who don't recognize, it's inspired by the cc-138 twin otter, aka "twotter". i hope to re-maiden tomorrow since it's going to rain this evening. she will eventually be used for fpv to accompany my fpv easystar.

EDIT: 2007/08/16: more pics here.

EDIT: 2007/09/27: several have asked for a copy of my twotter decal sheet. i've attached it. enjoy.
Last edited by 4mla1fn; Sep 27, 2007 at 03:55 PM.
Jul 16, 2007, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsliwins
Anyone know where I can get some Coast Gaurd decals for my Twinstar?
if you've got a graphics program, you can make 'em yourself. that's what i did on my twin-otter-inspired twinstar above. (i used coreldraw, but any app could be used.) i ordered these; 10 clear and 10 white; inkjet. if you follow the instructions, they'll work fine.
Last edited by 4mla1fn; Aug 15, 2007 at 01:42 AM.
Jul 16, 2007, 08:19 PM
uhhh....this thing on?
4mla1fn

That is probably the nicest twinstar II i have seen so far. very cool

Looks like paint ....is it ?

Maybe you could lightly sand and paint hte plastic thingies that hold&secure the wings yellow? I have been meaning to do that to mine.

Either way...nice job !
Jul 16, 2007, 08:53 PM
Very nice. I don't have any draw programs but will do some research. Thanks for the tips and the link.

How did you finish your TwinStar? Is it sanded and painted? I like the quality of the finish.

Please post some details about your process and what paint or covering that you used......

Thanks.
Jul 16, 2007, 09:17 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Great job on the Twotter. It looks very cool. BTW, what does 'fpv' mean?

Quick Reply