Jan 14, 2021, 09:58 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Engine sizes????

I recently was given a nitro heli( unsure of size or anything) the frame has century heli on it. Only markings visible. It has a o.s max sx 32 engine. Im having issues with getting it running. I want to replace the engine and not sure whats a equal engine to the one in it or something a little bigger. Can anyone pkease help
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2021, 07:08 AM
Still gassin' it.
Most of that size is out of production right now, but if you can find one, the OS .37 HZ HR, Thunder Tiger 36 and the ASP .36 HR should be literal drop in replacements, all with a significant better power output.
Jan 15, 2021, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967Brutus
Most of that size is out of production right now, but if you can find one, the OS .37 HZ HR, Thunder Tiger 36 and the ASP .36 HR should be literal drop in replacements, all with a significant better power output.
And don't forget the Thunder Tiger .39 as well, it replaced the .36 ABC and has a piston ring.
I prefer the .36 and its power and reliability.

Most 30 size helis are also easily upgradable to 50 size where there are many more choices for engines.
It normally requires a different engine mount but very often that's all that's required to get going.
Jan 15, 2021, 12:44 PM
Thread OP
Thank you for the info. Im now searching for either of the engines you referred to. Ill keep you updated
Jan 15, 2021, 09:43 PM
Can you post a picture of the Helicopter please?
Jan 16, 2021, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlookn
I recently was given a nitro heli( unsure of size or anything) the frame has century heli on it. Only markings visible. It has a o.s max sx 32 engine. Im having issues with getting it running. I want to replace the engine and not sure whats a equal engine to the one in it or something a little bigger. Can anyone pkease help
That heli is probably one of the many versions of the Hawk as it evolved over the years. As for the engine, the OS 32SXH heli was one of the most user friendly heli engine out there. If you are having problems with yours, which was previously used, then I would suspect it has rusted bearings. If it was not fed some “after run oil” after its’ last flight, the bearings would have been sure to rust.
Feb 16, 2021, 05:15 PM
"mrlookn" Do not do any kind of business with this person, not trustworthy. Did not follow through with their end of the deal, kepted both engines. No communication.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...b-o-s-max-61sf

Quick Reply