This thread is privately moderated by danielphantom, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 13, 2021, 11:47 AM
Trader Rating: 175
Once in a lifetime
Thread OP
$1.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
Sold

Cnc foamcutting service available

Hello,

prices are variable--60" generally go $50-- 2M go $65 plus shipping. Adding spars, multipanel wings, large chord flying wings add a surcharge.

Am available to cut some blue foam cores for you, medium density foam. My heavier 40psi blue foam is very low in stock. I have a good amount of Dow 3" blue foam 25 psi.

I have some European blue foam that is heavier than the 25psi--It isn't labeled but it seems to be around 60 load, it is 2.4lbs/cubic foot. Hi load 60 that I've measured is 2.27lbs/cubic foot.--It's over 4 inches thick. I can slice it down to whatever core that I will be cutting in it.

I have pink 25psi foam.

I have some Epp foam.

I have some light 1lb white foam for lighter projects.

Send me an email to [email protected] if you have specific questions.

People ask me what I need to know in order to cut their wing cores--

Let me know the wingspan, root and tip chords, backsweep and the airfoil/s you would like to use.

I generally ship priority mail usps with tracking, if its going across the States, it may go parcel select with tracking if the priority gets too expensive.

I can cut off the leading edge/trailing edge and allow for skins if you're into sheeting with balsa/ply and need to add on a sub-leading edge/ailerons--I can cut in round spars, rectangular spars just let me know what you need.

Thanks for looking,

Dan
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2021, 05:58 PM
Trader Rating: 47
As a customer, I can tell you that these CNC guided hot wire cut cores are the best. No foam hairs from the wire cut because it is at the wrong temp. For the multiple panel wings that I have ordered, the beds aligned perfectly for height. No problem with 2% camber at the root and 1% camber at the tip or vise versa. You can have one airfoil at the root and a different airfoil at the tip.

Very fair pricing and great packing for shipping.

Tom f.
Jan 13, 2021, 06:07 PM
Trader Rating: 175
Once in a lifetime
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFlyer
As a customer, I can tell you that these CNC guided hot wire cut cores are the best. No foam hairs from the wire cut because it is at the wrong temp. For the multiple panel wings that I have ordered, the beds aligned perfectly for height. No problem with 2% camber at the root and 1% camber at the tip or vise versa. You can have one airfoil at the root and a different airfoil at the tip.

Very fair pricing and great packing for shipping.

Tom f.
Thanks Tom, glad to be of service.

Quick Reply