Jan 11, 2021, 03:56 PM
CR5
CR5
All out of icing sugar
Thread OP
Discussion

Why?

Hey eflite guy who created this forum.
Are you going to move all eflite threads here? No?
I don't want to have to go looking around for threads that used to be somewhere else.
How about reserve this for actual product updates and start a new thread for them as they come?

Sorry, I think it's a bad idea moving threads here.
Reminds me of my workplace, changes for the sake of changes, doesn't make anything easier, doesn't make anything more efficient, just something different so someone can tell the boss they did something today.
Last edited by CR5; Jan 11, 2021 at 04:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2021, 04:14 PM
Rabid Rabbit
Agreed. I think it's a bad idea to separate E-Flite from Electric Plane Talk.
Jan 11, 2021, 04:42 PM
Tyro of the Hudson
A pinned topic with an index of EFlite topic links to the individual threads in their respective forums would work maybe.

So what is the new plane you are supposed to announce any day now?
Jan 11, 2021, 05:30 PM
Shining a light on the hobby.
Thanks for the input. I'm looking at solutions now.
Jan 11, 2021, 07:06 PM
Paper Plane Scratch Builder
.....hmmmmm, what did I miss? Forum and boards look the same to me.
Jan 11, 2021, 07:24 PM
RCG Admin
Can you rely with more details on the issue? I’m not aware of what happened.
Jan 11, 2021, 07:45 PM
Jason .... I think I see now what it is. Jim started an E-Flite spotlight at the top of the board and it looks like some threads were moved there. Some members did not care for that and now those threads in the spotlight appear to have been moved again.

Actually I like the spotlight idea. Looks like a good place to put your News items; maybe locking the news items afterwards to prevent posting to them would reduce the drama as we have recently seen in a current news item.

I think I would lock the Spotlight category as well and permit only admins to post to the category.
Jan 11, 2021, 07:56 PM
RCG Admin
Remember, the news articles are not "sponsored" content. They are intended to be discussed and belong in the threads unlocked for open discussion. We've been doing this for many many years now.
Jan 11, 2021, 08:05 PM
That is all fine, I understand that. In my previous post on the other thread I should not have used 'sponsored' as I did. None the less, in that instance the vendor in question is a vendor who pays to play here. My view is that in those cases, by default the News items are sponsored or perhaps it is better to say they are being promoted when published by an admin of this site.

My concern with that News item in question was that you chastised members in that thread when I have not seen that done in other News items. The appearance to me was that you had shown preference to that vendor and the vendor of the product in question....particularly so as you do fly one of those planes.

News items if they are to be posted to have to be permitted to take the good with the bad without admins interjecting, unless of course if there is a flame fest. Not seen one of those in a long time though.

Now, not busting on you , but it was the first time occurrence and the appearance that struck me as not being a norm at RCG.

I do like the idea of the Spotlight that Jim has come up with. Will be interesting to see how he works it out.
Jan 15, 2021, 08:48 AM
Tyro of the Hudson
As a complete topic swerve. ...

Can the “Alert” and “New Product” Highlighted topic buttons have a timer on them to revert to a regular post. “new product” on a 8 year old thread is a bit wierd and distracting. Maybe a year or six month timer on the highlight on the thread button.
Jan 15, 2021, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelonSteel
As a complete topic swerve. ...

Can the “Alert” and “New Product” Highlighted topic buttons have a timer on them to revert to a regular post. “new product” on a 8 year old thread is a bit wierd and distracting. Maybe a year or six month timer on the highlight on the thread button.
That sounds reasonable, I have wondered the same myself before. The proper place to suggest this is in board below this one.

Site Suggestions and Complaints
Jan 15, 2021, 09:14 AM
RCG Admin
Here is fine too. There isn't a way to do that automatically, but the OP could use the advanced editor to easily change the category tag.
Jan 15, 2021, 11:00 AM
Tyro of the Hudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufo
That sounds reasonable, I have wondered the same myself before. The proper place to suggest this is in board below this one.

Site Suggestions and Complaints
you of course are right. I will take your suggestion.

Quick Reply